Exhausts Muscle slip ons

M

ManxMuscle

Well it's been well over 6 months since I replaced the standard pipes with a pair of slips ons and thought I'd pass on my experience.

First option was V&H slips ons, but after getting in contact with V&H found out that it's never just the pipes, but the air and a mandetory remap.

I spoke to the rep from Remus when visiting Chester Harley and was sold on the idea of a set of pipes engineered to fit the standard mapping.
The price was about the same as V&H pipes without the additional expense.

They came with standard road legal baffles and a spare set of baffles clearly marked as 'not for road use'. Like I would !!

Alternatively, its runs fine without them.

Do they work ? Do they sound any good.

Compared to the standard pipes, they are a world apart. The musle actually sounds like it has some muscle.

They produce a lovely growl putting the power on from low revs. Varying the baffles just makes it 'growlier' - not sure if that's a word - it is now.

Along with the 'growlier' sound there is the wonderful overrun popping when you shut the power off.

Has it made any difference to the power ?

To be perfectly honest, opening the throttle wide, I'm too busy hanging on to ponder if I'm getting a slight increase in torque or red lining at 9,000 revs wondering 'is that a 3% increase in top end power I can detect'.

My other half keeps complaining that they're shaking her fillings loose and on long runs she can't feel her feet when we stop - something to do with the footrest and exhaust mounts being common.

The sacrifices we (she) have to make . . . !

Re: Muscle slip ons

Got a set of Remus on my Fat Bob. I agree they are very good.

I decided that even the race baffles were a little restrictive so did some hatchet work on them. Nice now :439:.

With the road baffles in, they have the advantage of being e-compliant, so they sail through the MOT.

Back