Never thought to check before ?

Invasion1973

I have Never really noticed or thought to check. But as I was visually checking for oil leaks on primary case after a ride I noticed how hot the primary case cover is after 30-40min ride 😳
obviously I know it is going to get hot and maybe even helps as a heat sink ? But was surprised how hot it was, certainly wouldn’t want to keep hand on it just a quick tap and thats enough🔥

so how hot is normal 2007 TC 96 ?

I have Never really noticed or thought to check. But as I was visually checking for oil leaks on primary case after a ride I noticed how hot the primary case cover is after 30-40min ride 😳
obviously I know it is going to get hot and maybe even helps as a heat sink ? But was surprised how hot it was, certainly wouldn’t want to keep hand on it just a quick tap and thats enough🔥

so how hot is normal 2007 TC 96 ?
Don't worry my TC's both get very hot and stay warm for an awful long time too once back home and parked up.

My Twincam 88 gets hot but I've got a streetbob 96 Twincam and like you I can not believe the heat it produces but its seems OK.

Must admit, I got a surprise with the 88 on how hot it gets, but like everyone else I just ignored it & it’s fine lol. (I did check the oil level tho!)

Back