new bike

L

les h

a bring my new harley home in a couple of weeks and am crapping my self !! first bike in years and am a wee bit nervoues about the run from edin to stony ! its a 1200 sportster c ,anything you guys or galls can make me aware of would be much appreciated .oh it will be the 30th of this month so count down has begun ! like waiting for santae ...

Re: new bike

Well done to you Les:D

If your crappin yersel now you will be a nervous wreck by the 30th;)

Dont worry about the sportster mate,it wont try and catch you out,only thing to keep an eye on is fuel tank range and to treat it very gently for a few thousand miles,which is no bad thing if you are getting back into biking

Good luck

ps

watch out for region 2...a right bunch of Delboys:D :D

Roddy_the_Dog said:
Well done to you Les:D

watch out for region 2...a right bunch of Delboys:D :D
a heard that ferker:rolleyes: :D
les as roddy says plan yer fuel stops m8, u should get about 100mls oot the tank ,word of warning never trust an idiot in a car in front of u, or indacators,treat every ferker as an assassin and u should be fine,just take it nice and easy and follow yer instincts;) u wanna buy a dvd player;)

thanks guys that info will help ! my only problem now is that i bought it in region 2 !hope its still all there ! ha ha . am looking forward tae the ride and i might even make it to meldrum one of these wed nites ..

Good luck on your new bike les h and look forward to meeting you at The Red Garth....
cheers mark

yeah am lookin forward to puttin faces to names ,so will see how things go might make the april meet . you will easily no me the sweaty one on the black and yella sportster :eek:

Hiya Les

Bought my bike last year and went through the same nerves as your good
self. Passed my test 13 years ago and had never even got me leg over a
bike since that day to picking up my Heritage.

There were times on my countdown that I wished I had done some kind of refresher course, and the vow I'd made all those years ago (I was 16 then, I'm 53 now) to never ride anything but a Harley seemed a bit risky
to say the least. But vow I did, and I stuck to it rigidly . My Mrs says I'm
stubborn, and shes probably right.

Come the day, I explained all to the seller and he smiled and said go for it,
and in five minutes it'll all come back. He was right, but only after I'd scared the BeJeesus out of myself. It was twice as heavy and twice as quick as I'd expected. But what a blast...bloody great.

:D So go for it matey, and have y'self a bloody good time.:D

All the best to you.
Veggie

I know how you feel. Picked mine up from West Coast before Xmas. Passed my test in November. I kept thinking...don't stall the fecker in front of the shop ya tube!

Hope you have a good run up north and that the weather is kind.

BTW - bandit country starts at N Queensferry...be alert;)

Midlife

The brakes are crap, the suspension is useless...oh and the stock seat is crap !!! BUT its great ,believe me , I found out the hard i.e expensive way .

cheers you lot ,am looking forward to it now . a just hope the weather stays kind and not like this weak with snow frost and every bloody thing!! am hoping to do some rallys this year,hopefully i will meet some of you .

use your brains, though: if the weather is SHITE just ring the shop and say: ''uh-uh, I'll pick it up when the weather is nice.''

when I bought mine 14yrs ago it was my first H-D and my first ride on a bike in 8yrs...........220 miles from Kent to Leeds. yeah, I was scared!

bike home safe and sound !! bloody wet all the way up but heh who gives a shit it was so bloody cool !:D :D :D am still smirking yet !! am off work tomorrow so a hope to be out grinning all day!!!!!

Nice one Les. Is it a good feeling or what:D

Summers on its way:D

Veg

over six hundred miles on her now and am still smirking !! fecking great !!! after a shit day in workshop home shower and offskie ..only thing is a cant get the bloody trip to show how many miles ave done each ride ,any ideas :confused:

Hello Les,

you should be able to press the button on the front (sittin oan ra bike) o the speedo. Press it fir the total mileage, press again fir the trip. To reset, press & hold fir a few secs, the trip should the reset ti zero.

cheers for that info the buggers now workin perfect..:D

Back