New project X90

Simon_A

Club Member Honorary Life member
Seems that another retirement project has come my way :chargrined: lots of bits required if any-one can help?

p1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: New project X90

I know a good psychiatrist ......:smile: :smile: :smile:

And of course Ebay sites around the world!

Thanks Les, I have done a bit of inter web research and located a pdf parts list and manual, I think the major parts are going to be interesting to locate, ie. fuel tank and left hand engine cover.....we'll see, you have to look at these projects as a long game. Nice thing is that the bike doesn't take up much space, but I will have to lose my ss175 project in the new year. Have you got an x90 per chance?

No X90 Simon ... a '73 SS350.
Best of luck finding what you need. What is really annoying are all the Aermacchi parts turning up on Ebay US week after week - prices look good until you get the postage cost - aaargh!!!!

I've built up a collection of Engine Tools that the club didn't have, drop me a line if I can help.I also made a spring compressor so I could dismantle the shocks on mine.The parts are out there, ebay is not too bad, I didn't find postage to be a big issue as all the parts are quite small.I have a colour swatch for the Sparkling red.

I'd particularly look at ebay Italy, Simon. As they made 'em over there, I'd hazard a guess that parts/spares and even whole bikes may be relatively plentiful. You may need to use google translate a lot though. Postage would be far better than from the US of A.

Thanks for the thought mate, some parts are like rocking horse poo, most Italian parts come up on an international search and there aren't that many, most seem to be in the states. Restoration is a game of patience.

Sorry Simon, hadn't spotted this 'till now - I have the manuals and parts books for these and I started out on a Z-90. Happy to help in any way and I never pretend to know something I don't, am close enough even to just hold things steady or help with swearing.

Back