New Tyres Help

N

nick_dj

Hi I have just bought an 03 dyna T sport and will need new tyres soon. I am not happy with the dunlops can anyone recommend an alternative please.

Re: New Tyres Help

Hi nick
either metzler or avon are the best for your T sport bike. i am running avons at present got fed up with the american dunlop tires felt un-easy on them.
Have a look on www.avonmotorcycle.com or metezler web sites for fitment details. Is your rear tire the 130 or 150 width on your bike.
cheers

The OEM Dunlops are terrible. I went with Metzeler 880's and I am very happy with them. I have also heard Avon's are good but have no personal knowledge of them.

Hi Nick,
do you have those sticky Dunlop tires on it? 3 years ago when I first got my FXDX I wasnt happy with the tires but I think that was more to do with not being used to the weight and handling of the bike really. I hear k591 are also pretty good for the FXDX(T) range. From what Ive gathered you cant really compare the sticky dunlops and the stock dunlops, so yes the Metzelers might be far superior to the stock Dunlops but Im not sure that would be true of the Sticky dunlops that come standard with the FXDXT. I think Im going to go with new k591's when the MOT comes up in October (think I have k402 or something on there now - cant remember). Id be interested to know from someone who has used Dunlop k591 and metzeler which they prefer?

Bingo

Last edited:

I've just stuck a pair of conti blitzs on my stroker lowrider - grip like superglue at warp speed :D :D No more high speed weave even if the OEM stuff lasted 9500 miles. I used to have them on my shovel years ago when I was despatching round London can't fault them. Tried Avons they were shite as the back end kept stepping out on the white lines.

The contis held their own in the down pour last night, smoothly crossing the white lines without some much as slip or a slide - can't knock them, they even gripped well when I put the power thru' a bit to quickly !

I have run both Avon and Metzlers on my softail and I am quite happy with either make.

If I had to make a choice I would probably give Metzlers a slight edge ;)

Big_john Spain ;)

I can't wait for the time when I change my tyres. I think that my RKC handles well on the stock Dunlops...maybe I'm just used to it, and ride it accordingly. So when I put Avons or Metzlers on...I should be in for a nice surprise.

Brian.

just put avon super venoms on my dyna glide sport, total transformation from the dunlops :D :D

bike handles like new bike and loves bends where before it was take your chance at lean angle:eek:

got mine from http://www.blackcircles.com asthere very cheap and helpfull

hope this helps

Back