Newbie in need of info before purchase please

J

Jon Fugazi

Hello all love the site just what I'm after ! I'm just about to buy the 100th Aniversary v-Rod (0n a 52 plate ) is there anything i should look for mechanically or just the usual its my first HD moving up from a Divi 600 lol

all the best
Jon

Re: Newbie in need of info before purchase please

It's just the usual Jon , there's not much goes wrong with them.
Don't pay over the odds for an Anniversary model , there's absolutely nothing special about them at all save a couple of stick on badges.
In fact you'd be better off getting a later model because of the 5 gallon (US) tank - the earlier tanks were 3.7 US gallons and you'll be stopping for fuel quite often.....
Check out 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum for anything you could ever want to know about V-Rods.

Steve

I second that about the bigger tank model. The small tank won't take you as far as a Sporty's.

How the hell did I manage to send this from my iPhone using Tapatalk?

Thanks both..... deal i have ill have to pass pass on the larger tank mind ;-)

Check the service history. Major service is EXPENSIVE even in H-D terms.

Don't pay over the odds for an Anniversary model , there's absolutely nothing special about them at all save a couple of stick on badge

I second that....I've got a 100th Anniversary Road King. When I bought it, I paid top money for it thinking it might increase in value one day (not that I ever want to part with it....ever). How wrong I was...each year when I get it valued for insurance purposes, I find out it's not listed in the dealers price guide, so the value is based on a normal 2003 Road King + accessories.

All you'll get is a special colour, and few badges which are available on Ebay, a badge cast into the crank cases, and a good feeling of owning a bike that celebrates 100 years of Harley manufacture....which for some strange reason does it for me, but then I'm known as a show off and need to stand out from the rest :eek:.

Have a good look round and see what else takes your fancy if you're not 100% happy with this one...they are about at bargain prices.

Whatever you get, I'm sure you'll love it....it's a Harley..good luck.

Brian.

Phil & Karen yep ive checked - full HD service History lots and lots of paperwork :smile:

Brian think were alike :wink: cant wait to pick her up !!

seen there is a local HD independant at Chepstow Big Bore Motorcycles so ill be paying them a visit

Well Thats it collect My HD Monday - Bring on the Sun :60277EB7B04744289C0

Well Thats it collect My HD Monday - Bring on the Sun :60277EB7B04744289C0

Caught a fleeting flash of an orange orb in the sky this morning could that be it...:60277EB7B04744289C0

Off to Rye Harbour before it falls of the end of the world

Last edited:

A warm wecome from the North East Jon Try not to smile when you drive down the high street:wink:

john at big bore is one solid down to earth what u see is what u get sort of a guy he has worked on both my harleys and does a 100 percent no questions asked job that you can trust ....and at a very reasonable price ..he has a new upstaires clothing dept with lots of goodies that you dont get in your hd rip off shop i have no hesatition in recomening him for all work from spark plug replace to full strip down....................

Caught a fleeting flash of an orange orb in the sky this morning could that be it...:60277EB7B04744289C0

Off to Rye Harbour before it falls of the end of the world

I havn't seen any orange orbs, the brightest thing we have seen this summer was a meteorite shower the other day. :D

Back