Newbie - So whats next ?

B

bluepaul

Just handed over the deposit for a new 1200 roadster. This will be my first Harley but I enjoyed the test ride so much I couldn't walk out of the showroom without ordering !!!!

So then people, I have heard of the "Harley Tax" what do you suggest should be my list of must do upgrades, plus any advice on cost would be handy.

Living in Solihull, can any one suggest/recommend a none official dealer who would carry out any mods at a none dealer price

Cheers Paul

Re: Newbie - So whats next ?

Unfortunately Harleys tend to become an addiction...! I had always wanted one and managed to get a Sportster on HP 10 years ago. I now have the same Sporty plus a Dyna and a Shovelhead FXR.....watch out!!
I live in Northampton so can't tell you about places your way but I'm sure someone in the Club can...over to you.....!!
Lynne :D

Don't get anyone to do the servicing except the dealer as that will annull your warranty and if anything goes wrong, you're in deep cack! Have patience!:)

I think as the law stands, any competent shop can do the work. Did I read it in American V - can't remember?!

Lynne.:)

I would recommend "All American" at Hartelbry near Kidderminster.
They can carry out warranty work and servicing by factory trained mechanics. Well worth a visit .
Hawgste:cool:

Yes the MO CO let on at the dealers that they must do the servicing but just get the 1st free one done there. A good local Indy as mentioned above will be fine. The MO CO make their own rules in the USA but here this is one time when the EEC have helped stamp this out.

Back