Re: Now I like this

Gimme Gimme Gimme :D
That would make the daily commute fun :439:

Thats Bimota's 2nd Harley.

Below is their 1st, from 1976.

Last edited:

The motor that became the V-Rod started life as a Buell successor for their pushrod engines, until Harley decided they could use it. Bimota haven't made too bad a job of that. Really emphasises the symmetry of the cylinders. Unfortunately that is the only image of it I can find, so I suspect it doesn't really exist yet.

did anyone ever see a vrod engine in a buell....i seem to remember it from some where !!!!

Erik Buell, rejected it for use in Buells ,as the design kept getting bigger & too heavy
for what he wanted to have

shame though as it could have been fun :D

According to the 25th anniversary book on Buell, that engine started life as a Buell, then got picked up and taken over by Harley and developed middle age spread! What he had in mind is probably something closer to the 1125 engine they eventually bought in.

vrod motor i think !! but i await someone who knows what they are on about LOL

now that has me dribbling, but the clip ons and rear sets are making my back hurt just by looking

now that has me dribbling, but the clip ons and rear sets are making my back hurt just by looking

Small world Chewey!
How you doing? Come back to the water cooled world yet?

Steve

hi steve, sorry but no i'm still lovin the fatboy, and it is standing up to the corrosion a whole lot better than the muscle ever did as its an all year round ride with no nice warm garage to put it in

Always thought the V-Rod would have sold well as a sports tourer aimed at the European Market along the lines of the K or the Pan.

Unfortunately (?) the Bimota's a figment of Oberdan Bezzi's fertile imagination... He's good, but they're still products of Photoshop and Illustrator.
You're not likely to see this Norton either:
Norton-MotoGP-race-bike-Oberdan-Bezzi.jpg

or this Guzzi:
MG%20RR-1.jpg

If you like his stuff, there's more of it here.

As much as I like Nortons ( And i've had a few ) that one could be any bike with any name.

I prefer the classic style and to see clearly the engine,s

Here's their version of the new Bonnie.

5880129841_b978627f05_b.jpg

I like the Exhaust on this,

3771889592_81bd9d7ea9_b.jpg

And this Rickman Metisse styled Enfield.

4127237923_51ea368181_b.jpg

Looks as if OB has too much time on his/their hands! Those images do manage to capture the imagination. I like the idea of side exhausts on a dresser! Just needs a real whopper of a motor to make them worthwhile. :60277EB7B04744289C0

I think he's a professional designer, so he probably sees it as time well spent. Like a shop window.

However, like so many 'designers' perhaps he's more stylist than designer, and his creations seem to have more to do with style than practicality.

I too like the look of the exhausts exiting via the bags, but it's going to end up like a sauna in there, and spawn a whole new range of threads.

Instead of, "I've managed to melt my waterproofs all over the exhaust", you would have, "my waterproofs are fused to the inside of my bags. How do I get them out?"

Still, it would be good for taking your curry home and finding it still hot enough to eat when you got there... :wink:

I have seen the exhaust exit through the rear of the boxes without a prob, they have a void below the actual box for the exhaust, the exhaust is also cooled as it is in like a wind tunnel, not sure how well it would work on prosession work, but i suppose you wouldn't need your waterproofs then :frown:

images

image.php

P4220107.JPG

Nice rear panniers on this DR :439:
funny-fully-accessor_460x0w.jpg

Back