Oil filter!

Hiflo filter just arrived in post ! Checked parn no fitment, thanks Andy from sandy, it’s the right one! As for going back to the shop I just can’t be ass’d . I’m just gonna boycott it and tell everyone who will listen about the oil filter saga
Drop a line to the Dealer Principal explaining the whole thing and expressing your disgust at their balls up. You never know you might get a freebee of some description. Worst ways, they will make sure someone else doesn’t get the wrong part.

It's unbelievable that a premium motorcycle manufacturer will seek inferior suppliers of such basic commodities that are crucial to the longevity of your engine. They then (to take the piss further) charge a premium price for such items!

Used Hiflo and more frequently K&N, both proven and you can fit with confidence is my personal experience.

Drop a line to the Dealer Principal explaining the whole thing and expressing your disgust at their balls up. You never know you might get a freebee of some description. Worst ways, they will make sure someone else doesn’t get the wrong part.

Good advice and worth pursuing further.

A bit off post but very relevant to dealerships and oil and a good story. A friend had his Evo serviced by a well know dealership. He rode 80 miles home, went to put his stuff back in the pannier only to find a bottle of transmission oil in there. He dipped the gearbox, and yes it was dry. the dealership didn't want to know, well they didn't until they got his solicitors letter.

K&N - quality, easy to fit and more importantly remove!
Another example of the MoCo cutting costs and looking for the cheapest solution to maintain an expensive motorcycle. Now on this occasion it appears the filter was incorrectly supplied, but there are a lot of media discussions relating to inferior manufacturing in particular effecting the newer M8 engine.
Agreed, I use part No. 62700296 for the M8 and Hi Flows for the Twinkies

Back