Oil Line retainers

Hazza

Club Member
Hi, my 2004 Deuce is leaking badly ( hissing out) the return line I have bought replacement lines and retainers as they are known to rust through can someone explain how to fit retainers into connectors do I fit them onto oil lines and then click in or other method?

I did this many years ago. There is a Special plastic Tool that Harley recommends to remove the Oil Line from the retainer BUT you don't need it. Squeeze the 2 Ears on the plastic retainer and gently pull the Oil Line out. I cannot remember if the plastic retainer comes out still attached to the Oil Line or if it stays in the Tank. Either way it is simple to remove it. When you have all Lines removed check the Holes they reside in as there will probably be rust in there. Clean well and coat the new retainer O Rings with a little Oil or Grease before inserting.
Good Luck...Pat. :encouragement:

Hi, Thanks for replying. I’ve sussed out how to unclog oil lines but unsure about fitting retainers and O rings do I fit them to oil line and plug it all in or fit into connector and then fit oil line? I’m guessing I’ll find out when I pull it apart LoL

I.I.R.C. I put the Retainers into the holes and then put the Oil Lines into the Retainers. To be honest, I don't think it matters which way round you do it.

So far pulled the old oil lines out but had to remove old O rings with dental pick! Of to buy spanner to fit Connectorst! Wish me Luck!

Back