Old Bike Mags

Oldguy

Club Member
Was having a rummage, as you do, and found a box of ole Bike mags, third one down was from '82 I just though it may amuse:
IMG_3959.jpgIMG_3960.jpg

Just finished looking through my old B.S.H. for a particular article, didn't find it (miss-rembering ?) but enjoyed the hunt.

Ron.

I seem to remember bsh giving away a nice little yamaha chop as a prize draw many years ago it sure wetted my taste for building wonder where it ended up 🤷🏻‍♂️

It sure did. I bought my first HD as my back was knacked after 20 years plus on hardtail chops. Bought a softail and still it riding and changing it with a lot of one-off bits on it over the years. Tinkering is the way. Got rid of a load but still got 1-10 :)

The main negative was the lack of ground clearance, it could dig in when on full lean, the tester reckoned he could get way lower and still be stable -- brave man.
Other comments were "smooth", "oil tight", "handles" "best Harley ever" "bloody expensive!"
So basically raved about everything other than the price and the need for heavy brake pressure on the front.
Mind you, they also reckoned Jap bikes handled well in that period, not. ----- I blame the availability of cheep "gear", if you know what I mean o_O

My first copy of Bike; issue 5, sometime in 1972 - right up to about issue 350.
I got to a point where so much was irrelevent to my biking lifestyle. Too much narrow focusing on sportsbikes.
All in boxes. All in the attic. Some read maybe once.

The main negative was the lack of ground clearance, it could dig in when on full lean, the tester reckoned he could get way lower and still be stable -- brave man.
Other comments were "smooth", "oil tight", "handles" "best Harley ever" "bloody expensive!"
So basically raved about everything other than the price and the need for heavy brake pressure on the front.
Mind you, they also reckoned Jap bikes handled well in that period, not. ----- I blame the availability of cheep "gear", if you know what I mean o_O
Thanks mate. Appreciated, can’t disagree with any of the about

D68F35EB-6685-4AC5-8265-A84FBEAA0651.jpeg

Can anyone remember the now closed reading based RMD racing framed interceptors ? John Williams ally framed fxr with Suzuki running gear monoshock suspension and big SPUTHE evo engines 95” and a 104” i think , i was lucky enough to get a 95” evo lump off him years ago stunning performance well more than my dyna could handle 🤣 🤣 🤣 Wonder if anyone in here has one ?

Can anyone remember the now closed reading based RMD racing framed interceptors ? John Williams ally framed fxr with Suzuki running gear monoshock suspension and big SPUTHE evo engines 95” and a 104” i think , i was lucky enough to get a 95” evo lump off him years ago stunning performance well more than my dyna could handle 🤣 🤣 🤣 Wonder if anyone in here has one ?
Yep I remember looking at RMD Interceptors at the Bulldog in the 90s. Closest I came to buying one was buying one of their RMD sweat shirts😃😃. Really well put together bikes. I did see one for sale on fleabay about 7/8 years ago...

heady times johns harleys were blistering fast he rearly knew what made em fly just proved how good the evo lump is the likes of jerry branch were getting 100hp back then suprised some of the jap bikes for sure 🤣 🤣 Would love to have one now i think my old dyna ended up in the midlands cant remember the reg for the life of me:unsure:

Back