One bike has to be sold - which one?

T

TJ's

I have an 06 XB12Ss and an 06 FXSTC (Custom softail). Due to the sh1te weather of this year and last they have not been used as much as i would have liked and one has to go. Which one? I don't know....

I posted in this forum as alot of Buell owners have Harleys but not many Harley owners have Buells.

In the back of my mind i am also thinking to sell both bikes and buy a Honda of some sort, naked bike anyway. If i sell the Harleyi can't / won't take the Dorris on the Buell but then again the Harley isn't that good 2 up either!

Re: One bike has to be sold - which one?

Having just got rid of my softail for a Ulysses i would say get rid of both and get a Ully, rode it to work this morning in the rain and was still grinning when i got here!

And its comfy enough to go touring on as well

Having just got rid of my softail for a Ulysses i would say get rid of both and get a Ully, rode it to work this morning in the rain and was still grinning when i got here!

And its comfy enough to go touring on as well

Yup, nothing wrong at all with the Uly and it does make sense! However i don't want to suffer the massiv initial depreciation compared to other bikes.

I was lucky with the Buell and Harley as at the time my partner worked for HD Europe and they were both bargains! She doesn't work there anymore!!

One things for sure, whatever brand i have it will have to be a twin.

Good luck with that one Tim - it's a difficult choice to make.

I know how much you love them both so I would have to say keep them both if you possibly can.

Whichever one you choose to lose, you will always regret it so I don't envy you having to make such a difficult decision.

Flip a coin?? :439:

I was gonna trade my Buell in for Anne's fatbob but when I found I owe more on the finance than the bikes worth now and would have to pay to give it back I decided to keep it !!!!!

Wish I'd never took the finance on it now but that's a different story :mad:

At least I get to keep the Buell :439: :60277EB7B04744289C0

Cheers Kev. Both bikes have their flaws
Buell: Build qaulity! Can't take the dorris. Feels a bit small for a 6' 4" bloke!
Harley: Fed up of scraping my heels around corners (i got through one set of Doc Martins already! Generally quite sluggish and not that comfortable.

Having said that they both have advantages
Buell: handling!!!!!!!
Harley: sound and presence

Damned if i know!

Looking at which one i have used more this year then it's the Harley by a long way. Last year was the Buell by a long way....

It's not the money, just that i haven't used either as much as i should have mainly due to weather. For that reason i'm suffering depreciation without offsetting it with enjoyment.

PS: haven't been to any monthly meets as have been away on work for every one over the last 4 months!

Yup, nothing wrong at all with the Uly and it does make sense! However i don't want to suffer the massiv initial depreciation compared to other bikes.

I was lucky with the Buell and Harley as at the time my partner worked for HD Europe and they were both bargains! She doesn't work there anymore!!

One things for sure, whatever brand i have it will have to be a twin.

agree with you on that one, i got a 9 month old one for 6k, original sales receipt was 10k with all the bags and stage 1 etc:9399D3F58B324EE1B68

Get a Kwak VN1500, goes well, reliable and sounds ok to.

neither

keep both of them and just buy another bike

Get a cheep sportster and a Jap Bike.

I love my Z

So far, i think the Buell has to go. Basing that decission on poor build qaulity.

I've always loved Honda's and my 3 previous bikes were Honda, popped in the local dealer today, the difference in build qaulity is drastic! Bit of a reminder / wake up.

What i do like about Buell from and engineering point of view is how they recommend suspension set ups based on rider weight. That impresses me. To my knowledge no jap manufacturer does that despite them using some of the most advanced suspension money can buy. A sure bet that the vast majority of owners do not know how to set up suspension to give the best efficiency!

OK so i sold the Buell today:9399D3F58B324EE1B68. Sorry to see it go, i did love that bike but can't be running 2 bikes for the ammount of use they get. A guy bought it and is now selling his Z1000. I just have to sell my 1584cc FXSTC now and then don't curse me for it but i'll probably get a CB1300 Honda (naked ofcourse) but i do have a soft spot for a Uly so will give that a try first.

Back