Overheating DX !

N

NFN

Hi All,

Just thought i'd share my problems ! (has been fully documented on forums over last two weeks but this is the quick version)

Purcahsed Brand new 08 DX Sept 2008.

covered 2500 miles (first service by supplying dealer)

Had fitted by dealer Remus pipes, VH Fuelpak , KN air filter.

12th April 2009 Water temp light came on / coolant Expansion tank expelled small amount coolant.

Collected by HD 14th in workshop Three days !!!!! was told inspected ran , road tested , pressure tested , and bike is A OK ! no faults

Collected bike , ran it on the 19th April same fault occured , HD collected again in the workshop 2 days they called me to say yes the Rad cap was faulty and had been replaced , collected the bike 9miles later

Same fault occured ?

After spitting my dummy out in the dealer after riding it back there , been in there since last Thursday and so far have been told that water pump gasket is leaking (internal) Air bleed screw is crossed threaded.

called today and told one of the head bolt's is bent due to a screw being trapped under the head bolt which has meant the head is not sitting as it should and has caused a head gasket leak !

been told all parts ordered and on overnight tech will rebulid tomorrow and my bike will be ready to collect

Hope it is OK as it's going to ireland next week on one of my first trips of the year !

bearing in mind this was a brand new bike !

Re: Overheating DX !

Not much reponse for vrod's on this site steve, but as i said elsewhere
glad it's sorted.

rumble on
stutz

no , but i spose most would read and thats it as i have not asked for feedback ? but went out on it Sat/Sun and fingers crossed it seems good , no light or coolant leaking etc..

if you have seen the pictures elsewhere ? it was really an odd one ?

Hi, glad your bike seems ok now. Just as a matter of interest, when you had the overheat/fluid eject, was your cooling fan on at that time.

I don't run a rod, just interested in what caused your issue with yours.
Enjoy the summer (fingers crossed).

yes fans were on a lot ! but the cuase was a bent head bolt due to a cam bolt being trapped underneath the "head" of the headbolt.

This was done at the factory and caused the head gasket to leak ! as i say above brand new bike and i've done 3k on it now.

all sorted ran it at the weekend and it's good !

it was just the amount of time and visits it took to the dealer beofre they knew what it was ? if left to them i would still be riding it now !

Glad you got it sorted. I was labouring under the misapprehension that the folks at the shop messed up the bolt thing. Surprised it came out the factory like that.
Ah well, time to ride................:60277EB7B04744289C0

Back