Oversensitive

hamilton

Club Member
How would you feel if you asked the car valete if he wanted a 2nd cup of tea , only for him to snap at you and say there’s no need to keep coming out it won’t get done any quicker , I replied there is no need to be a dick I’m just being kind and friendly and offering you a cup of tea , to which he replied some people just want to come out and watch you all the time , which I replied what normally happens at a car wash and left him to it , needless to say it doesn’t matter how good the job is I won’t be recommending him .

How would you feel if you asked the car valete if he wanted a 2nd cup of tea , only for him to snap at you and say there’s no need to keep coming out it won’t get done any quicker , I replied there is no need to be a dick I’m just being kind and friendly and offering you a cup of tea , to which he replied some people just want to come out and watch you all the time , which I replied what normally happens at a car wash and left him to it , needless to say it doesn’t matter how good the job is I won’t be recommending him .
I would have told him to pack up and fek off

Reactions: M&M
Tg
Derek and Clive.
I could post a link to the sketch but someone might find it offensive.
Thats why it was funny 50 years ago. Because most of the language they used was expletives.. which at the time were not publicly broadcasted .. forbidden by the BBC.

At the time very funny.. Peter Cook became quite a bitter person in his Old age.. I think he felt undervalued and resented the success of Dudley more.

Last edited:
If laughing at others is what you find funny then maybe humour is over, and for those with a similar view. But laughing with others will always work .. @devon.john asked if we could stop or reduce the use of the C word here on the Forum, it’s not funny or clever, as with Derek & Clive was 50 years ago but isn't now, however that has continued here on the the forum, John is no softy but his words are disrespected at worst or just ignored at best. Laughing at those who are not the stereotypical 60 year old white man is not funny either, which includes racism homophobia misogyny or encouraging negativity or violence towards anyone. Someone once said to me … “be nice, but if you cant do that be civil”. It is perfectly possible to make jokes, and laugh a lot without crossing those lines. 👍😂

Times change and everyone continues to still laugh loads.
Humour is everywhere.

IMG_7660.jpeg

Humour can never die, it just moves on and gets better.

Last edited:
the banter at a rally is one of the best bits for me ,,,
some of us only meet up a couple of times a year and ,,,,we carry on where we left off ,,
anything goes ,,,and if you dont like it F*****off
the world has gone mad ,,,glad i am at the end of my life

I don’t have a problem with banter from people I know , if strangers try it I will tell them to feck off .

Back