Parking Cameras at Whiteway, Bury Hill - MOTORBIKES ARE EXCEPT

PeteJ

Club Member
Cameras presently being installed at Whiteways carpark.

Posted by a member of the BHB Facebook page (Bury Hill Bikers) on 21st January:
Quote "Bit of an update on the proposed parking situation, was up there today & they were installing an ANPR camera directly opposite the entrance & footings for 2 pay machines. Spoke with one of the contractors if he knew what the situation was with bikers & he said “ I wouldn’t worry as the camera takes an image of you entering the car park & then leaving, so can only identify a bike once from the back so has no idea what time you entered the car park” so I think that’s going to mean no charge guys. He said he thinks the car charges were going to be £0.70 per hour. He said he was going to be back next week to install the actual pay machine, so it’s looking imminent." end Quote
svg%3e

Thought Whiteways was on private land. Other rumour flying around is a noise meter as well

You are right Nod, as far as I am aware the land is owned by the Norfolk Estate and the charges are to help pay for new loo's ...............there is a rumor about a 'noise camera' as well ( if not already installed ).
Check out Dazzlin's post ( New Forest) with regard to camera's and noise camera's around Loomies cafe, what next ................ Boxhill, Newlands Corner, 1066, Custom Cafe ......... all biker cafe's one and all! ...................'we're all doomed'

Last edited:
Whiteways / Bury Hill parking charge camera now in place.
Photo isn’t the best as I’ve captured it from another posting.

Attachments

• photo37226.png
    photo37226.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,315
  • 9A4566CF-0ED0-4293-9F71-8ADE714BD0D5.png
    9A4566CF-0ED0-4293-9F71-8ADE714BD0D5.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 742
Have just heard that Ashdown forest is becoming paid parking this spring, better not stop anywhere to adjust your helmet etc in case you get a fine!!!

(UPDATE iNFO ON PARKING FOR  MOTORBIKES)

As from today we can confirm that all bikers are exempt from paying, after a lot of phone calls and emails we finally had the estate manager ring us to inform us with the news.

As most of you will mention about  toilets this is still an ongoing battle.

Look forward to seeing you all

Team Whiteways
3A4EEFE9-CE65-49FC-8597-02C64215860A.png

Back