Passing lamps woes.

GaryR

Club Member
003A1DD8-5D71-40E1-8F90-8107C0DD0C0F.jpeg7B775F1C-B8E9-48E2-BB3D-CCFEF11B21AC.jpeg
2016 Softail Slim S.
Took one of the lamps apart yesterday as bulb blown (I think) it appears the lamps are a sealed beam unit!
Can anyone help with what to replace it with please? I’ve seen some HD halogen bulb conversion passing lights sold as a pair.
Before I order wondering if anyone else has had similar problems. Oh and the wiring of the new lamps doesn’t look straightforward.
New to Harleys so everyday is a school day.
Cheers
Gary.

What size are the lamps Gary? You should be able to swap them out for some LED units if you can find a comparable size.

Plus One on the above

Led is the way to go
I will at some stage PMK, Daymaker maybe. £££
What size are the lamps Gary? You should be able to swap them out for some LED units if you can find a comparable size.
Thanks Martz They are 4 1/2 diameter but Im going to go with the tractor lamps for the mo. I bought some S/H halogen replacements but as soon as I turn them on they turn off, maybe a relay issue, I dont know its a guess. I hate electrics.

For future reference, that tractor site also has (out of stock) 4.5 inch lamps that take P45T 55 watt halogen bulbs.

P45T LEDs are available from Lucas (not sure if that brand makes them more, or less, trustworthy :)) and others.

For future reference, that tractor site also has (out of stock) 4.5 inch lamps that take P45T 55 watt halogen bulbs.

P45T LEDs are available from Lucas (not sure if that brand makes them more, or less, trustworthy :)) and others.
Cheers for that, although I have some lens that fit the H3 bulb but when fitted when I switch on they turn off. I'm hoping the sealed beam units which worked before will work again if you see what I mean.

Just a though some bikes came in wired so that passing lamps would cut out on high beam and only show on dipped is yours one of em ?

Back