photo problem

Paul P.

H-DRCGB Archivist
A few times on here when I post a photo which I lifted from "my pictures" which had originally been upside down and I corrected, it will go back to upside down in my post - even though it is still correct in "my pictures". The latest was a mobile phone photo taken in landscape which I turned round (and is still turned correctly) but has gone on its side on the website.
Is there a way of avoiding this...?

Re: photo problem

Just seen this Paul. The honest answer is I don't know; however when it's happened to me I've posted the pic via a Photobucket account which seems to solve the problem. it is damned annoying though.

Its because the file info for that photo tells it to display in the orientation it was taken. That's why when you go through your phone gallery they auto orientate. You need to re data the file. You can sometimes do it by 'right clicking' the photo and rotate it one way and then 'right click' and rotate it back. If that doesn't work you need to open it in a photo edit program and rotate it and re save it.

Aha! yes I see, kind of create another "new" photo from the original - I'll try it out in the test area and let you know how I got on.

(By the way thanks for coming forward, any help you can give for whatever time you can spare will be appreciated and remembered.)

Back