Polished Wheels- Sealer

F

FBB

Getting the solid wheels polished on the Fatboy next week. Anyone got any recommendations for a clear sealer I can put on them to try & seal in that 'freshly-polished' look?

Ta
FBB

Re: Polished Wheels- Sealer

FatboyBass said:
Getting the solid wheels polished on the Fatboy next week. Anyone got any recommendations for a clear sealer I can put on them to try & seal in that 'freshly-polished' look?

Ta
FBB

Any sprayed on lacquer is susceptible to corrosion. Phild recommended getting a clear powdercoat - it might be worth exploring this option.

Sorry bud but
do not recommend any covering all you need is one chip the moisture will eventually get in then its a devil to get it right.
Your better off keeping it polished plus it gives you something to do after having a good ride. honestly if you keep on top of it its easy.
one other neg you will loose that real shinny look covering them with lacquer.

Music:cool:

Good point Rob,

I'll get Mrs FBB out with her feather duster!!:eek:

FBB

I can reccommend the S100 polishing soap, once you have them polished just use the soap, i tend to use it first then wash the bike

"Combine soap's ease of application with the power of a polish. S100 Polishing Soap brighten aluminum and stainless steel surfaces and removes minor stains from chrome. Not for use on painted or anodized surfaces. Biodegradable and non-toxic."

View attachment 301

Look up a product on the internet called Boeshield, like in Boeing Aircraft. It was developed by Boeing to protect their aluminum planes, etc. I haven't used it, but have read a thread where they have sworn it was the best. You might ask one of the distributors for a sample.

Got to agree with Music,any coating on top of the polished surface will dull the finish.
For me it's good old 'Autosol' regular use brings up a deep shine on aluminium:)
Wacko

I use Wurth Sabesto aluminium polish it's ?18 for a 500ml tin. You only use the smallest of amounts on the cloth so will last for years when it starts to go black as you polish it's then working. Amazing stuff it really comes up like chrome.

Music:cool:

Just had to say that FBB's wheels look the biz after getting them polished. I rode his bike back for him from Lerock at Mansfield today and they've made a grand job of them :cool: :cool:

Anyone wanting this done should give them a call. Good price too ;)

Kendo :cool:

BELGOM ALU!!!!! This stuff even brings stainless steel to a chrome finish with the minimum effort!!! This stuff is (as in the name ) designed to polish & protect your polished job!!! it also works wonders on chrome. I personally swear by it ( but that is just my opinion )

Hope this is of some help.

SHOEI

I polish mine with Auto Solvosol then use Alu-magic which keeps 'em sparkly for a few months.

I can recommened Mothers mag & ally polish .Brings back the shine to the dullest ally
05100-05101.jpg

Hawgste:cool:

Back