Power Commander & ECU

L

littleredroadster

I am now getting confused - does the PC111 replace the Harley Standard ECU - or work alongside? Is there any improvement if you fit the PC and no freeflow air filter and mufflers? Is it easy to fit?
Ta

Re: Power Commander & ECU

For a full brief of what it does have a look at the websitehttp://www.powercommander.com/.

The PCIII piggybacks the stock engine management system and allows the adjustments over standard settings.

Virtually all of the aftermarket tuners do this with the exception of the Screamin Eagle Race Tuber (SERT) and another I can't remember.

If your bike is stock a PCIII should give a cooler running, slightly more powerful ride, do the air cleaner and pipes and that's where it starts to count.

With a PCIII you can buy your pipes and a Ness Big Sucka air cleaner kit and hey presto, stage 1 without pestering the Dealer, they are busy you know...

It takes about 20 minutes to fit and load a map. it's a huge improvement over the dealer stage 1 download.

Brian.

I take it you're pleased with it them Brian...

Did you use the new ECM tray or just fit it under the seat?

Did your first map work or did it take a few before you found the right one?

Fit mine tomorrow.

Monkeybrain said:
I take it you're pleased with it them Brian...

Did you use the new ECM tray or just fit it under the seat?

Did your first map work or did it take a few before you found the right one?

Fit mine tomorrow.

I strapped it to the original ECU, and it tells you to push the plugs under the battery tray, but there is a gap where water can fly in from the tyre. So I just rearranged the wiring looms and put the plugs next to the Power Commander. It's a tight fit, and sometimes you might notice that the side panel has popped out at the top under the strain.
Their stage 1 map is good and a big improvement on the dealer one I had. Then I fitted some silencers without baffles, it popped and farted so I emailed the tech dept and they sent me a custom map....this has stopped all the weird noises.
I am very pleased with it. M&M Cycles...?169 delivered.

Brian.

Last edited:

Where does the daytona twintec come in - never heard of them? they look pretty basic on their web page.

Not at all. They are closed loop i.e. use lambda sensors on the exhaust (wide band sensors - very sophisticated) and appear to offer a degree of tuning above anything else that I've come across. The don't have controls on the module, you need a computer to program them.

littleredroadster said:
Where does the daytona twintec come in - never heard of them? they look pretty basic on their web page.

Are there any issues when it comes to service of said vehicle which you have modified and they haven't thus doing them out of much needed cash?

Also are there any warranty issues or due you wait the 24 months?

Regards:confused:

Back