power commander v vance + hines fuelpak

B

bobber

anyone help please?
ive got an 06 street bob thats just been run in and serviced and is booked in with dealer in 3 weeks time for fitment of screaming eagles and a k+n filter, as there is no specific dowload available for 06 dynas i have been told to fit either a power commander or v+h fuelpak. anyone out there using either of these setups?

Re: power commander v vance + hines fuelpak

Don`t know where you heard that. There is a specific cartridge download for that application, part # 34386-06.

Phil, believe that doesn`t work on U.K. bikes as they are not fitted with the oxygen sensors in the exhaust as the U.S. bikes are. Think the only option is the V&H fuelpack which is around ?450 here.

thanks for the quick replies guys.
i know some dealers are installing softail downloads on the dynas but i was told this was to get around the sensors, i thought the uk bikes had them fitted too? anyway ive been quoted ?260 for the v+h and ?280 for the p/commander by riders in bristol.

Type this number into Ebay- 4633755025 ;)

cheers brunokatz, i know this might be a stupid question but are the pc111s from the states the same as the uk version?

Yep, got a PcIII on my 04 Train, from the USA, runs fine with my V&H Pro-pipe, and Ness Big Sucker, and I have yet to get it fine tuned at a dyno.

I get about 42mpg, no popping, clean plugs, and it may be my imagination but it seems to run cooler with the additional fuel.

Hope that helps.

WB

cheers wild bill, i guess its a pc111 from the states then.

Everything I've heard about the fule pack is that it's not as good as either a TFI or PC. You can now get the TFI from Thunder City in Leeds if you don;t want to wait to get it from the States.

Cheers

Mike

I am about to do just the same - by fitting a PC111 - however because I cannot afford the full stage 1 at this moment I will fit it in stages, starting with the PC111 with the standard setting.

So after your question I e-mailed the manufacturer in the states asking what the differences are between uk and us and this is the reply:-

''The units are the same regardless of region. It should work fine for your application.
Thanks,''

Manny Hauswirth
Technical and Race Support
Dynojet Research

you had more luck than me, ive emailed them a few times and still waiting for reply! im definately going with a pc111 and will be ordering it from the states tomorrow. thanks for your help everyone, its much appreciated.

The only stuff I have bought from the states ended up being more expensive than the same from the uk - the exchange rate is good but carriage and the dreaded import an VAT soon fixed any advantage.

Let me know how much it costs after you recieve it!

Cheers

I saved ?180 on two items from the states;
Power comander and V&H short shots for my 05 dyna.
That included all the postage, import tax etc.....
I use a company called Eastern Performance, you can fine then on Ebay. I have used them several tmes, they deliver mega quick....each item was less than 48 hours.... i'd like to see any UK company beat that.

I can echo the recomendation for eastern performance cycles. I've had loads of stuff off them over the years. 48 hours delivery is the best I've had from the States & I've bought easily over 100 items from there.

As for the Power commander, check this out. Tell the guy your upgrades & he will map it for you before he sends it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Harley-Dyna-Power-Commander-USB-Free-Mapping-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35574QQitemZ4640503692QQtcZphoto

powercomm.jpg

With 3777 positive feedbacks & 100% record he must be good.

Back