Primary oil how much does yours actually take ?

Invasion1973

First time doing primary oil myself. Only took 0.75to get it to the bottom of the flange on clutch.
Is that normal thought it was 0.95
Have to say bloody difficult to see the level!

It's a tiny smidge under the 1 litre (0.95) - many pour the entire bottle, but I am anal and measure exactly.

It's a tiny smidge under the 1 litre (0.95) - many pour the entire bottle, but I am anal and measure exactly.
I was surprised mine only took 0.75 especially as I had primary case off to fit new chain tensioner.
Like you I like things to be exact…just plays with head if I don’t know it is spot on!

Check out Del Boys Garage on YouTube - he shows you how to check level if you wish, but if you've drained away the old oil, you just need to pour in the exact amount as prescribed in the handbook / manual.

Check out Del Boys Garage on YouTube - he shows you how to check level if you wish, but if you've drained away the old oil, you just need to pour in the exact amount as prescribed in the handbook / manual.
Thank you all done now 👍🏻 video was helpful. I think I was just overthinking it to be honest. I do have a question though. I have Never really thought about it before or thought to check. But as I was visually checking for oil leaks I noticed how hot the primary case cover is 9after 30-40min ride 😳 obviously it is going to get hot and maybe even helps as a heat sink ? But was surprised how hot it was, certainly wouldn’t want to keep hand on it just a quick tap and thats enough🔥

so how hot is normal ?

Back