Protect your ANdroid from Ransomware

Roger

Club Member
Ransomware, the terror of Windows that locks computers, encrypts the files, then demands a hefty payment to unlock them, has made its way to Android smartphones.

?The ransomware problem is growing like hell ? and it?s no longer just threatening users ? the new versions actually do encrypt your files,? said Ondrej Vlcek, Chief Operating Officer at AVAST Software.

AVAST Software just released a new app called avast! Ransomware Removal that will eliminate the malware from an infected device. Get it free for your Android smartphone and tablet from the Google Play Store.
avast! Ransomware Removal will tell you if your phone has ransomware on it. If you are infected, it will eliminate the malware. Android users who are clean, can use the free app to prevent an infection from happening.
This short video shows you what actually happens when ransomware infects your Android smartphone.

Re: Protect your ANdroid from Ransomware

Cheers Roger, ran scan on both tablet and phone, but was then told to uninstall the app?l presumed there would have been a app link put on my home page to run any time in the future, so do l/we need to download it again in the future to see if all is clear on our android devices?

It's gone the message said uninstall to carry on using your phone.

I still have my free avast mobile security running on both which l already had previously.

Last edited:

Mine must of uninstalled it's self. Couldn't find it
It found simplocker ???
Cheers Rodger

Last edited:

Mine must of uninstalled it's self. Couldn't find it
It found simplocker ???
Cheers Rodger
That's the ransomware simplocker. It users the darknet to communicate. If you have ESET or AVAST phone security - you should be protected anyway.

Thanks for alerting us to the dangers

Rodger first thanks for alerting me (and everyone else) about these things,

I installed avest to my phone which scanned my phone and found nothing, then it advised me to install avest to my phone "which I did" it then said I had to uninstall the tool which scanned my phone or I wouldn't be able to use my phone "which I did" everything works fine.......

It has asked me if I want to update to premium it would cost me ?11.99 a month, it it worth purchasing?

Thanks Roger :wink:

Installed avast! mobile on my phone :)

Rodger first thanks for alerting me (and everyone else) about these things,

I installed avest to my phone which scanned my phone and found nothing, then it advised me to install avest to my phone "which I did" it then said I had to uninstall the tool which scanned my phone or I wouldn't be able to use my phone "which I did" everything works fine.......

It has asked me if I want to update to premium it would cost me ?11.99 a month, it it worth purchasing?
I wouldn't pay ?12 a month

Avast is pretty good these days. They supply me with software tools to deal with some of this crapware and they don't charge for it

Hi Roger.

Sorry for the hijack.

What you would recommend for an iPhone 4S 32Gb.

Looking at Antivirus, I have installed Avira Mobile Security from the App store, is this any good ?

Nothing comes up regarding ransom ware, are Avast doing anything for the iPhone regarding AV, etc.

The only thing in the App Store from Avast is SecureLine VPN - WiFi security and privacy, again is this worth installing ?

Also would it clash with the Avira AV ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Roger.

Sorry for the hijack.

What you would recommend for an iPhone 4S 32Gb.

Looking at Antivirus, I have installed Avira Mobile Security from the App store, is this any good ?

Nothing comes up regarding ransom ware, are Avast doing anything for the iPhone regarding AV, etc.

The only thing in the App Store from Avast is SecureLine VPN - WiFi security and privacy, again is this worth installing ?

Also would it clash with the Avira AV ?

Thanks in advance.

I've never bothered with security for my iPhone as IOS is a more secure environment than Android. One day no doubt

Back