Rear Brake Lever 2001 Fatboy

F

FBB

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the rear brake lever is adjustable on a 2001 Fatboy please? Or is it in one fixed position? I rode Kendo's 2005 Softail Deluxe this weekend, and the rear footbrake was in a wonderful position, with my foot hardly having to move from the footboard to apply pressure to the pedal, just a slight sliding forward of the foot. On my 2001 Fatboy I have to lift my right foot out & up what seems a long way to apply pressure. It would be ideal if the lever was adjustable so that I could move it down a little to be more level with the footboard. Bike is currently away having some work done so I can't take a look for myself at the moment, so any advice appreciated. Thanks.

FBB

Re: Rear Brake Lever 2001 Fatboy

I have a 2000 FXDX and mine was really high. Mine was adjustable BUT it didnt adjust enough. I had to take the lock nut off to get the pedal horizontal with the foot peg. Now it's perfect. I hope that works for yours too.

No it does not adjust, they changed the brake pedal.
The new pedal will retro-fit onto your bike.

Phild said:
No it does not adjust, they changed the brake pedal.
The new pedal will retro-fit onto your bike.

Cheers Phil, the newer lever must come up at a shallower angle to leave it nearer to the level of the footboard?

FBB

Know what you mean after today my good buddy :)

'twas a long way to lift my little feet :rolleyes:

Mine's a lot easier to get to on the deluxe :cool:

Kendo :)

FBB, I fitted the kuryakn extended pedal which brings the pitch WAY down to the board & I can reach it easily even with my short legs!!! ( I'd put some smilies in at this point but still aint sussed it yet???)

hope this helps

SHOEI

Thanks Phil/Shoei,

I've just spotted the Kuryakyn extender one . Think that may be the way to go.

Thanks all
FBB

Back