Rear Whitewall

Re: Rear Whitewall

Whats the best thing to clean off oil stains from my whitewall tyre?

Tibbs

Tibbs there are a few personal favourites.Kiwidave will say cellulose thinners also some swear by white spirit and petrol but look at your rag and SEE all the white on it.:eek:. ....... just how thick is the white. :confused:

I ONLY EVER use petrol when it is new and you need to get the blue protection off.

View attachment 2040

I personally use cream kitchen cleaner Jif or Cif whatever you call it down in that country NZ that your team has just lost to our cricket team in Oz....:D

I use a worn scourer from the kitchen when its nearly knackered and copious amounts hot water and washing-up liquid (that breaks down oil) and then rub the cream into the sidewalls.

Comes up a treat.

View attachment 2039

Last edited:

hi i use a bit of wd40 sprayed on a rag it comes straight of no problem dont spray it on to the wheel just on the rag:

Cheers Fellas,
I can take it on the chin Bazza, it's a close comp without those f*#king Aussie's.
Bet ya a fiver we finish higher than you in the next world cup!:6:

Tibbs

ps.I've got the same whitewall as you.

I use a worn scourer from the kitchen
And use:

H-D's wheel and tire cleaner, again, as good and easy as it gets.

94658_98_M_19b5a.jpg

Or Wesleys Blech White (or Bleach) comes a close second and cheaper if you can source it where you live?

pACE-1189903reg.jpg

I always used chain cleaner or brake cleaner to clean mine off, worked a treat and only took the grease off not the white stuff. And in my case already had it sitting on the shelf so need to go and buy another product!

Back