Region 18 AGM 13th April 2024

jimmy2spanners

Membership Secretary.
holly blue agm.jpg

Region 18 AGM 13th April 2024 12pm at the Holly Blue pub , Hailsham road , Pevensey BN24 5BU

Anyone wishing to stand as region rep, assistant rep, treasurer please let me know 14 days (30th march) before AGM with your name and membership number. You will need a proposer and seconder both names with membership numbers. via Email or message

Current incumbents I just need to know if you wish to re stand

Please ensure you bring your current membership card or a digital version downloaded to your phone in order to vote.

Anything you would like to be on as an agenda item please let me know 14 days (30th March) before AGM

Look forward to bringing the region together as I complete my 7th year as your rep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About our AGM and venue .

After years of holding our AGM up at Mikes farm in Etchingham it was time to move on after he retired from his job. All the rally equipment including chairs and tables were moved out last year to its new storage location close to the rally site in Langney.

The Holly Blue in Stone Cross, Pevensey is the sister pub to the Longshore , Shoreham the venue of our 4th Wednesday social meet. Upon the Longshore manager Karen's suggestion , I approached Ryan, the manager of the HB about holding our AGM at his pub and since they already host car club meets ,ukulele group, football social meetings etc he was more than happy to host our meeting. The Holly Blue is a large pub restaurant with various areas that can be cordoned off for our privacy. Large carpark at the front off the main road. Being a pub restaurant Food menu and drinks are available at the bar.

Any riding to the AGM from the West and looking for company, welcome to join some of us en route.
We will be leaving Littlehampton Tesco car park at 10am then calling in at Lyons Farm retail park Worthing to pick others at approx 10.30am for the onward journey to Pevensey.
Road closures permitting we will mostly use the A27.

By the way, sunday there is an event in Hastings at The Stade open air concourse for "Military & Historic Vehicles" - don't know anything about it at all, just mentioning.

Also a run from Crawley on Balcombe Road to Haywards Heath then A272 and join A22 past Sykes to Pevensey. Leaving HH at 10:15.

Some of you may know I have been diagnosed with the dreaded ‘big C’ recently. Not after sympathy or anything, but just so you know why I haven’t been around recently. I had a rather lengthy bowel operation this week, so will probably not be at the meet, as my bottom is still sore (only really witty comments required) but when things ease up I’ll hopefully get out. Cheers, Phil P

Many thanks to everyone who attended yesterday, you got me for another year, Dave as assistant rep , Bob remains as treasurer. Bob also got the London cup for him and Tracy as a gesture of the region thinking of them both through the difficult few years they've endured. Many thanks to Pete J Woolfson , who has stepped down as assistant rep , for your assistance over the last few years. Thanks to Sue Smith for taking the minutes. Extended thanks to everyone in the region for your support. x

Back