REGION 26 monthly meet

hogglide

Club Member
Adam has asked me to inform all members that the monthly meet will no longer be held at the Buccleugh Arms. If you wish to contact him on following number 07926326049.

Re: REGION 26 monthly meet

Where will the new meet be and what are the times and dates, think this Region needs an AGM anyway as i have not had any AGM minutes from this Region at all.
Are there any active members who know of a location that would be good for a meet and any dates to suit to get a regular meeting going ?

Over to you guys :)

iv been a member again for a good few months been two three meetings and stood there myself i spoke two adam a few months ago and was told nobody cared in dumfries i asked him about beeing an ass rep and was told he dident need one he was doing fine on his own well he isent iv had enuff everyone iv spoke two are keen enuff to join but not when nothing happens iv been nowhere with this club and done nothing so why should i stay i realy do want an answer . when i was in the club before wee had meeting runs shiply nights out it was good thats why i rejoined so come on guys give me an answer

Clearly, this is not how things should be working.:frown:

If there is an appetite for meetings then have them!:wink:

I am sure this is an easy fix and the RLO is the very man to guide you:smile:

Your enthusiasm is exactly what's required. Dont throw in the towel and walk away. Do what you can (and from what you have said, you already have a good start) and get a meeting organised.:smile:

I am sure the R2 boys will gladly assist if they can.

Dont forget the get together at The Avalon in Whitley Bay on 26th November:)

Good luck.:smile:

iv been a member again for a good few months been two three meetings and stood there myself i spoke two adam a few months ago and was told nobody cared in dumfries i asked him about beeing an ass rep and was told he dident need one he was doing fine on his own well he isent iv had enuff everyone iv spoke two are keen enuff to join but not when nothing happens iv been nowhere with this club and done nothing so why should i stay i realy do want an answer . when i was in the club before wee had meeting runs shiply nights out it was good thats why i rejoined so come on guys give me an answer

Roland, you seem keen enough and able to get the Region up and running again, so go for it. As Stuarty has said, Region 2 will be more than glad to assist in anyway we can and personally as RLO i will give you all the support i can.
I think what is needed is an AGM of members to address the situation and get the Region moving forward.
Can you think of a venue that would be suitable ( as meetings are no longer being held in the old location ) and then we can get a date sorted and see what we can do.
Don't leave the club, if you are not happy then do something about it, it is after all, your club and your Region.
The fact that you have turned up for meetings and been the only one there isn't very good.
I hope we can persuade you to stay with us, i look forward to meeting you soon, you do have my number so anything i can help with, just call me.

Roland, you have my full support mate, you don't have to leave the club, you can change it,Budgie will help you with an AGM or EGM. Find a venue (a new place and a fresh start)and i will attend as im sure other R2 members will until you get the numbers up.
If you need anything,even just a chat my number is in the Quin.

Best of luck.

Michael.

i will attend as im sure other R2 members will until you get the numbers up.
If you need anything,even just a chat my number is in the Quin.

Roland I'm in Biggar so not that far away and would be more than happy to come along until the numbers come up mate:wink:

Spoke to Adam today and he assured me he will post a venue for the next meeting, which will be on 27th November at 13.00 hrs :smile:

Surely we should be supporting the rep thats already there if indeed he requires help.

PM sent :)

Surely we should be supporting the rep thats already there if indeed he requires help.
We are doing Tam, that's why we are trying to get the meeting place and time fixed, in my house, is not a neutral venue and not really a good place to meet. But that is now sorted as we have a new venue, see post below :)

Spoke to Adam today and he assured me he will post a venue for the next meeting, which will be on 27th November at 13.00 hrs :smile:
The Venue for this meeting will be the Balmoral Hotel, High Street, Moffat.

An AGM date for the Region has now been set but i will let Adam post that, details will be in the next Quinn issue.

All i can say is the AGM is to address any issues the Region members have and if they want to make changes then they will need to attend with a current membership card to enable them to vote.

Lets get Region 26 up and running like the other 2 Scottish Regions are now and have a good presence throughout the whole of Scotland.

I agree, anyone who knows adam will ken fine he has tried to get things moving in region 26 and has no support from any members in his area, he lives two minutes from the hotel that the meetings were taking place in and if anyone turned up he would have been called by the staff. No one according to the staff has turned up for meetings so someone is playing funny buggers. Adam is the stuff this club is made up of, helping anyone who breaks down or requires help with tech. problems as a few well kent members of region 2 and members of a lot of other regions know well. I think we should show our support to him who is of a calaber we know and trust, has been a club member for longer than most and as already mentioned will help any bikers if it is in his power to do so. .

Last edited by a moderator:

The main thing here is to get the region up and running again. The first step is to hold the meeting scheduled and take it from there.

If there isnt a turnout then there is no case to answer. If there is a turnout, then those members need to decide what is right for their region. That includes election of the Rep etc.

In recent times, for what ever reasn, R26 has been doing nowt. This seems like a good opportunity to do more than nowt.:)

The region members, old and new, have an oportunity to decide what the future holds. They, with the support of Budgie, the RLO, have an opportunity. Lets see if it can be utilised in a positive and helpful manner.

Good luck:)

Thanks for all your responses here, but the majority of posts are from Region 2 members, it would be nice to see some posts from any members in Region 26, air their views, show support by stating they will attend the next meeting, attend the up and coming AGM.
Just how many people from R26 are interested in pushing the Region forward ?
I think the AGM would be a good time to air any views, not on a public forum !!

If anybody has anything to comment personally, send me a pm, Adam is struggling to get online but he his standing by his phone :smile:

Thanks for all your responses here, but the majority of posts are from Region 2 members, it would be nice to see some posts from any members in Region 26, air their views, show support by stating they will attend the next meeting, attend the up and coming AGM.
Just how many people from R26 are interested in pushing the Region forward ?
I think the AGM would be a good time to air any views, not on a public forum !!

If anybody has anything to comment personally, send me a pm, Adam is struggling to get online but he his standing by his phone :smile:

have to agree with you there Budgie.
x

no washing should be aired in public view!:)

well working on the 27th so cant be there its my weekend on so am not home till 28th not much i can do about it havent been working in this job for very long so not able to change enything sorry

Work comes before anything Ratty, no worries, the AGM is on the 18th, see other post, that is when the voting for Rep and the region year plan is discussed.
To be honest, there doesn't seem much interest on the forum regarding this region :frown:

Good luck wae the meeting on Sunday:)

Sorry I cant be there to give some support.

Work comes before anything Ratty, no worries, the AGM is on the 18th, see other post, that is when the voting for Rep and the region year plan is discussed.
To be honest, there doesn't seem much interest on the forum regarding this region :frown:

Hi
Can not make the meeting on 28 as away , but hope to be at the AGM ON 18th
Regards
Red

Not the best of turnouts for the meeting today, Adam and Tam & Joyce from Region 2.
Really seems that there is no or little interest in this Region.

Hopefully the turnout at the Region AGM will be a bit better !!

Back