replacement key

chopper

Club Member
I didnt get any keys with my SST250, have read somewhere that there is a key number on the ignition and that you can get replacement keys, anyone have any info on where the number is and where sells the keys?

i found a site that sells a new blank

Key Blank for Harley Davidson Aermacchi Moto Guzzi MV Augusta Ducati ISP2 63SP FT29

but would a locksmith be able to make the key to fit it?

its a very small barrel (will take a pic) so think a replacement similar unit is out of the question

Re: replacement key

found the key number, here is a pic of the barrel

ignition.jpg

As you've found the FT codes,and have a picture of the blank,it might be worth checking with a local locksmith if you have one.
Usefull to know they do the folding BMW keys,you need those if you fit a RS fairing to a standard /7,as the lock is in the side of the headlight.

Last edited:

Found a local fella that thinks he may be able to do it, also found this though on vehicle wiring products, this looks to be a very close match to mine, so if the fella is unsure one of these will purchased

t773.jpg

thanks

Is it spade connectors on yours Neil?

My early 70s Guzzi has these push fit bullet connectors..

$(KGrHqZ,!pgE-v3LzGuGBQ!D9mLKgQ~~60_12.JPG

This one's from a Benelli

Last edited:

Yep spade connectors on mine. got the wife to measure it (its at home, im at work) and ive found a exact replacement size wise on ebay for a tenner delivered so one is on its way now:D seems alot easier than trying to get a key made and its new and in working order which mine, being 36 years old, may not be once i get the key cut.

Back