Residue

Buellbloke

Anybody had oily residue leaking from their filter on the new M8's?? Have yet to experience this as my bike is fairly new.
Also harley has new style although cheaper plastic as opposed to billet alloy breathers fitted.
Read somewhere they can still fail to eliminate this.
Feuling_Cylinder_Head_Breather_2017-2022_Harley_M8_Engines-3__46898.jpg

Yep, oiling of air filters discussed fairly extensively in previous posts. Certain brands of aftermarket filter are more prone to it than the stock air filter set up. S&S air filters particularly prone to it due to the design and routing of the head breathers within the air filter.

Will keep an eye on it. Having vented my crankase and no longer having cavitating oil that can give false oil dipstick readings when hot. At cold am a tad under half way up the stick. Not an issue for me in the slightest, already have my next routing of plumbing to the left side and under the ignition coil as my plan of action. Here is a pic of my Dyna cured of oil dripping from the filter housing, lumpy starts, eneven tickover, high revs coming down gears clutch pulled and slow speed cutouts. Not to mention the excess carbon build up on the piston crowns due to burning oil and condensated residue, or the partially impaired performance breathing contaminated hot oily air.
Emissions systems bypassed on a harley are so easy I luv it :love:
10.Ten (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back