rev counter condensation

R

roly

hi
been for a spin today and in the sunlight the rev counter misted up,the bike is in a dry garage with a dehumidifer running constant, after a while the mist went ,but it will come back right , how do you get ride of the damp in it? i took 2 allen bolts out the back of the clock pulled back off. its a unit in a metal surround, theres a electric plug in the back,if you take that out will it let some air in to dry out?. never had this problem before on anything, seen another thread moaning about the same problem in a speedo. any help would be appreciated. thanks.:(

Re: rev counter condensation

superglide80 said:
They all do that.......:rolleyes:

I was going to say that:eek:

they do.
put it in the aring cupboard to dry?

It's a special patented seal. Let's the water in but won't let it out.

How DO they do that?

Hairdryer works sometimes if you can be bothered....

Wonder what one of those small bags of dessicate would do if it were put inside of the rev counter housing--without breaking any of the harley seals, of course.

Mike Benis said:
It's a special patented seal. Let's the water in but won't let it out.

How DO they do that?

quote]

:D :D :D Years and years of research and development M8

Wacko

Don't try and change it!! - it could prove to be a lifesaver.....in a desert environment:D

hi
got the problem sorted,clip on spotlight couple of inches away from the side of the speedo and rev counter clocks left on for 15 minutes the clocks felt quite warm to touch , condensation gone and has'nt come back, left with a small mark behind glass though.oh well better than the condensation.

roly said:
hi
got the problem sorted,clip on spotlight couple of inches away from the side of the speedo and rev counter clocks left on for 15 minutes the clocks felt quite warm to touch , condensation gone and has'nt come back, left with a small mark behind glass though.oh well better than the condensation.

Good man Roly:D all yae have to do now is move permanently to the south of Spain where the heat from the sun will keep it moisture free M8:cool:
Wacko

hi weedavie_j
spain emmmm ,what a good idea?. thanks:)

hi roly,unfortunatly your going to have to live with this,if your gauge has got this problem theres nothing you can do to stop it.i had this problem on my 883r speedo & after much ado H/D aggreed to change it under warranty,only problem was the new one did it worse!!!!!!!!!=====JUST FORGET IT & LIVE WITH IT.tara for now lollypop.

Back