Ride to Woolwich

Agge

Anyone going on this to show respect for the young soldier killed ther on Wednesday? Details are:

NEWS FLASH!!! NEW ROUTE....... because most of Woolwich is a red route and not many places available to take approx 100 bikes.

11.00 Meet up at the Oakdene Cafe, Wrotham. leave promptly at 11.30

Ride A20

12.00 Meet other bikers at The Dutch House,London Rd,Sidcup SE12 9AL Leave at 12.05 to woolwich

12.15 lay a wreath with a 2 minute silence

12.20 leave to go back to the Dutch House for tea and coffee/food.

My thanks to Brian Gregory who at 6 am this morning did the route and helped put this together.

I will be flying my Ride of Respect flag and if you wish to fly the flag of your choice please do so.The more flags the better. - Julia Stevenson

Think I may take a trip down just to py my respects. I did my basic training at Woolwich

Re: Ride to Woolwich

I take it this is on Saturday. Won't be able to join you from Manchester but will be with you in spirit. The soldier murdered is from an area very near me where I worked for 25 years.

Weather looks good. Hope all goes well.

I think the lack of discussion on this topic speaks volumes.

Personally I wont be going. Like many I'm outraged, disgusted and ready to toe the line on this issue. I think these peasants have had more than enough media time (and not enough 9mm) without adding to it. (the media time of course.) :frown:

I will be wearing my H4H t-shirt all weekend as a mark of respect, wherever I go or whatever I do and If anyone out there objects then bring it on. :mad:

I will be wearing my H4H t-shirt all weekend as a mark of respect, wherever I go or whatever I do and If anyone out there objects then bring it on. :mad:

As we cannot fly it this weekend here we are in spirit.
RIP Lee Rigby.

That flag has got around a bit Nick I still have her sister and is still flown often.

Just for the record. I am only going purely to show my respects and not for any politically motivated reasons. People who know me know my opinions on certain subjects and they are not for this forum. I have even ceased raising awareness on social media sites as I feel the time has come for people to make their own minds up without me in their faces.
This poor lad died a horrible death and I think it only fitting that a representation of the biker community should show his family and the rest of the world that we do not condone murder of our troops on British soil. That is all.
I believe there is a more politically orientated march tomorrow (Sunday). I will not be attending that.

I believe there is a more politically orientated march tomorrow (Sunday). I will not be attending that.

They could do themselves a lot of good there as I bet it will be covered well by TV and the press but not if mindless yobs use it as an excuse (that's the wrong word) for rioting and causing damage.

Whatever happens tomorrow will be either great press for them or set them back years just as they are making a lot of sense.

BBC News Lunchtime showed Bikers Laying wreaths and the minutes silence, which the commentator broke!

I think the lack of discussion on this topic speaks volumes.

Actually, Bert, I'm happy to see us being so restrained for a change.

I'm sure the majority of us are of one mind about it, but it's nice to see us not going overboard. Surprised too.

It was a good event and there must have been around 150 bikers.
Met up with a guy from Colchester and his good lady and we met up with the main bulk of riders at the Oakdene cafe We then rode to the Dutch House to meet up with the rest then rode into Woolwich.
Everyone, including the learners rode very well, just a couple of twats on sports bikes who rode like idiots but thankfully not for the whole of the run.
The police closed off the road around the barracks and we parked up opposite near some army housing. The general public were amazing and gave us all a cheer and made us feel very humble but privileged to be doing this for that poor young man.
Mick, the guy I rode down with got interviewed by Russian TV and made is opinions very clear, as did others who were intervied by various other tv and paper people.
Brilliant organisation by Julia Stevenson and dare I say it, the Hoggies that were involved. I have changed my mind somewhat about them. Very good at organising but still not my cup of tea. Especially when I got pounced on aqs soon as I got to the meeting point by a Hoggie demanding to kow if I as one. He seemed a bit peeved when I replied no I fkn am not and stomped off :D
Even the police were friendly and clapping when we turned up. Made a nice change from get in the back of the van :D
Some gorgeous Harleys there, both Hoggie and others.
A good day all round and very proud to have paid my last respects to the young man so brutally murdered.
RIP

Thanks Tony. It was a good turn out on such a sad day and no trouble. Cannot say the same for tomorrows event however.

Our Trev on the BBC news, notice the sling over bags on the RK :wink: well done mate. :wink:

Bikers group show respect for Drummer Lee Rigby ( Woolwich London, UK Terror Attack victim)

View attachment 19029

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4L_W8Ct7xA&feature=shareMick Kirby at Woolwich barracks being [strike]arrested[/strike] sorry interviewed by the Russians or was it the KGB? With our Trev growling as the minder..
icon14.gif

View attachment 19028

Back