Ripped Seat

F

Foby

Has anyone any idea how to fix a small 1/2" tear in my bike seat without having to have it re-covered or buy a new seat?:eek:

Re: Ripped Seat

Not sure of the best way to effect a repair but I would start by asking at my local freindly vehicle valetters or you could try your local college - some run courses in upholstery and if so someone there would know for sure.

I have tried vynyl weld from Halfords but not with any great success.

Get a small bit of leather, and stick it with F2.
It's a really awesome adhesive glue which apholsters use.
You put it on both surface's and wait for it to go tacky and then stick it.
You should be able to get it from B & Q.
I've just used it to make myself a solo seat and it is really good.

Tibbs

Has anyone any idea how to fix a small 1/2" tear in my bike seat without having to have it re-covered or buy a new seat?:eek:

Get to the inside of the seat cover and stick a piece of whatever the cover is made out of from inside. Use glue as suggested by Tibbs and fix to the cut closed. It will only look like a scuff then. Then a bit of boot polish over the outside. BUT not too much......:eek: Don't won't you sliding forward when you brake....LOL

Go to you local camping store and ask for tent repair adhesive called SEAM GRIP. I have used it on a Kyam tent and motorcycle seat cover. As long as it is a man made material it works. If applied properly it should be at least as strong as the material its repairing.

I know im a big b*gger but not that big Magic:eek: :D

Not a permanent repair but you can get small suede-lookalike patches at a lot of sports bike dealers. I think they call them 'knips' or some such like but they are quite small and tidy and are cheap!! :)

Hi Foby

My 400 wet dream had its seat mainly made out of elephant tape - trouble with that is that when it unpeels you can end up stuck to your seat :rolleyes:

not at all embarrassing :eek: :D

Just a matter of interest does anyone recommend a real comfy seat (especially for pillion) for a 2000 Dyna FXDX? and price....:)

Magick has a comfy seat................. or so I'm told. :cool:

Running for cover.........................:D

Just a matter of interest does anyone recommend a real comfy seat (especially for pillion) for a 2000 Dyna FXDX? and price....:)

Why buy a new seat go to someone like Smartassss seats in Yorkshire and get him to recover the existing seat with gel pad inserts as you wish:cool:

He recut both seats on my flstc and inserted gel pads where I wished on the pillion seat, the re-covered in leather, did a top job too :cool:

That sounds like a good idea Big John, do you have a phone no.?:)

Back