Road King Custom

R

Rod Bod

Just wondering if the 'Custom' is the bike for me if I swap bikes over the winter. Don't see too many about, but I'd like to hear from those that have ridden them and have an opinion, especially if you can compare them to the 'Classic'. Thanks.

Rod Bod

Re: Road King Custom

maybe custom king bod even :D :D soz john m8

oh i bet jo will love the extra seat padding etc instead of the tiny perch on the v-rod:cool:

Hi Rod. Had a Road King classic back in 1999 with injection. it was a good bike and did many miles on it inc Barcelona to Helsinki. However i never quite clicked with it. I found it tended to whiteline quite badly i have no idea why i messed about with the tyre pressures and air pressure in rear shocks to no avail. I moved on to a Superglide sport and then a superglide t sport and then when the road king custom came out, i thought i would give it another go. I was told the beach bars would make my hands ache. (they dont) however apart from the expensive price and you have to buy the screen as an extra i am pleased with it. It does sit a little lower than the classic and i found that it handles better it doesnt white line anything like as much although the low height does sacrifice a certain amount when going around tight bends. ie you can scrape it quite easily. Hope this helps :eek: :eek:

John, I know where there is one for sale not a million miles away, been there six months, and its not a dealers but it is in a shop.....;)
its mint,

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Simon, I'm not properly in the market yet, although I'm interested in where the bike shop is that you mention so I can follow up and get a 'feel' for aftermarket prices.

Mark, those are the kind of things a buyer needs to know. I'd heard about the beach bars, that some riders had negotiated into the buying deal some 'classic' bars without giving the beach bars a chance. The ground clearance difficulty is nothing new after the V-Rod.

As for a new name, I'll pass Gents, thanks :D .

Rod Bod

Back