S&S reed valve for Evo big twins

Roger

Club Member
S&S claim their new reed valve for Evolution engines increases air flow and allows Evolution style engines to breathe more easily.
Designed to work on crankcase pressure rather than timing, the reed valve is an upgraded replacement. . It has three steel reeds that open on the downstroke of the piston, allowing improved cam chest venting. When the piston changes direction, the vacuum closes the reeds, preventing air from entering the crankcase and maintaining pressure, thus improving scavenging.

Last edited:
Re: S&S reed valve for Evo big twins

Interesting.....does this work best on late head breather bikes, the 84-92 crankcase breathers, or both?

treborific said:
To digress a little....
This 'peewee' also has a reedvalve induction system.
http://www.coxmodels.com/prodinfo.asp?number=C00100
Just a bit smaller is all! .020cu in :)

I think you find thats a different application, along with belt driven go-cart engines and remember the yam version?

more importantly the EVO version follows the sucess of twim cam version.
A sensible method of curing puking.:cool:

http://www.jpcycles.com/footer/GenInfo/PDFs/32-33.pdf

I've had a look around for a supplier and can't find them anywhere? Maybe me just being stupid, do you have a link or site I could go to, price etc?

David

Roger

Where can you get one from, and what cost are we looking at?

David

you could try headquarters, I had one for a twincam and a nice company to deal with.

Thanks for the link, looks like a credit card damaging catalogue if ever i saw one. Any idea on cost anyone?

Regards

David

Bowenman said:
Thanks for the link, looks like a credit card damaging catalogue if ever i saw one. Any idea on cost anyone?

Regards

David

Price to HDRCGB members ?99.51 inc VAT

Whoops!

Wrong price.

Should be ?84.69 inc VAT AND Delivery for HDRCGB. Other price was for non-members!!!

in case anyone is interested, the September issue of American Iron magazine carries the most comprehensive explanation I've ever read of pre-Twin Cam breathing systems and states how this S&S valve works and why it is an outstanding development.

Written by - who else? - Donny P.

Interesting.....does this work best on late head breather bikes, the 84-92 crankcase breathers, or both?

in case anyone is interested, the September issue of American Iron magazine carries the most comprehensive explanation I've ever read of pre-Twin Cam breathing systems and states how this S&S valve works and why it is an outstanding development.

So are you thinking of getting one Dave :confused: or have you already got one ?
only asking as I'm about to place an order state side for me new EV27 Cam :cool: plus some other goodies :rolleyes: & would like to know if yourself or anyone else has it in place & it performs as good as it says, because I'm getting a bit P!ssed off with the puking & cleaning up every time I go for a blast :mad: I have even resorted to buying an expesive puke can that as yet I aint fitted cause it's just more clutter. Any feedback would be welcomed because as i'm going to be in the cam chest, now would be a good time to fit it.

Thanks
SHOEI (89 EVO)

thinking about it, definitely. The article has swayed me.

Well Iv'e decided to go for it. Will place my order this coming wednesday,as this is when my contact state side is back from his vacation :cool: so if all works out OK anyone fancy buying a cool looking chromed puke can :D

SHOEI

cloth ear's
;) ;)

Well Iv'e decided to go for it. Will place my order this coming wednesday,as this is when my contact state side is back from his vacation :cool: so if all works out OK anyone fancy buying a cool looking chromed puke can :D

SHOEI
Did you get it? fit ? does it work? Have you sold you puke can? Need a stop gap for trip to Spain to avoid missis complaints of oily clothes! Is it easy to fit?
regs
rob

Back