Saddle bags

W

Walenut

I need a set of saddle bags for the fatboy, nothing fancy just plain, I would prefer them to look like a pair of throw overs, although I?m not bothered if they are fixed to the bike, they don?t have to be particularly water proof, any suggestions? Don't want them to rub the paint.

Re: Saddle bags

Walenut said:
I need a set of saddle bags for the fatboy, nothing fancy just plain, I would prefer them to look like a pair of throw overs, although I?m not bothered if they are fixed to the bike, they don?t have to be particularly water proof, any suggestions? Don't want them to rub the paint.

Saddle bags!! feckin loads tae choose fae. Dinnae worry aboot the paint rubbin, get some o yon rubber matting and protect the paint work;) Yae can buy it at a bike shoap an get well an truely reamed or buy it at the local B&Q where it is much better value.:)

I don't recommend using throwovers without saddlebag supports. I have a mate with a Softail who does that - and the paint on the swingarm has been worn down to the bare metal by the up and down movement. :(

Yeh, saddle bag supports is the way to go for sure :)

It ensures that the bags are 'supported' (Stuarty,thats why their called saddle bag supports M8;) :D ) especially when you have some weight in them.

Wacko:cool:

Ok bolt on it is any recommendations or wait for a Harley pair to come up on ebay?

Stuarty said:
Saddle bags!! feckin loads tae choose fae. Dinnae worry aboot the paint rubbin, get some o yon rubber matting and protect the paint work;) Yae can buy it at a bike shoap an get well an truely reamed or buy it at the local B&Q where it is much better value.:)

Sure your not from the Black Country mate, that's almost yamyam. LOL

Listen arr kid, wot yo gotta remember, `specially if yo`s got stindarrd fatbloke `zorst system is, that not eny siddle bag kit is goin te be suitible. Yo needs special Fatbloke bags wot is shorter in depth than the usual type, otherwoise the R/H bag will rest on yo top poipe and burn feckin` gurt hole init. HD do a kit for `em but they`s bloody dear. If i was yo, i`d buy a real cheap pair plus the bolt on supports to mike sure they don`t touch yo frame, brike disc or poipes. Oi bought a throwover set wiv conchos and studs and stuff for ?20 at a boike show. Oi had to shorten the joining section so`s to pull `em up hoigher on the boike and wiv the bolt on support kit, they work a treat.
Good lock son. :D :D

BrunoKatz WW1FighterPilot said:
Listen arr kid, wot yo gotta remember, `specially if yo`s got stindarrd fatbloke `zorst system is, that not eny siddle bag kit is goin te be suitible. Yo needs special Fatbloke bags wot is shorter in depth than the usual type, otherwoise the R/H bag will rest on yo top poipe and burn feckin` gurt hole init. HD do a kit for `em but they`s bloody dear. If i was yo, i`d buy a real cheap pair plus the bolt on supports to mike sure they don`t touch yo frame, brike disc or poipes. Oi bought a throwover set wiv conchos and studs and stuff for ?20 at a boike show. Oi had to shorten the joining section so`s to pull `em up hoigher on the boike and wiv the bolt on support kit, they work a treat.
Good lock son. :D :D

Cheers arrk, you'll no what a Walenut is then?

Walenut said:
Ok bolt on it is any recommendations or wait for a Harley pair to come up on ebay?
Got mine (Zodiac) for ?25 brand new at a boot sale, but even the recommended list price was only ?35. I have had no problems with the finish on them after 18 months of use. :cool:

Ming the Merciless said:
Got mine (Zodiac) for ?25 brand new at a boot sale, but even the recommended list price was only ?35. I have had no problems with the finish on them after 18 months of use. :cool:

Cheers Ming, that?s a good price, I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a catalogue, was that with the fittings as well?

Ming the Merciless said:

Zodiac 'zip-offs' are what I use, got them from Harley Mania :) check out their web site.

Wacko:cool:

Walenut said:
Cheers arrk, you'll no what a Walenut is then?

haven`t a clue old son, i`m from Sussex.;)

Well yow almost ad me foold, anyway a walenut:

Safta om agoowin darn the towun alung the orse rowud an I see this yoof fisin in the cut, said to im “Yow caught out” he said “na just a wale” I said “wale, na cudda bin” he said “na, not tha kin of wale a wale off a boyk “ow” I said “see ya layta”

Walenut:a nut tha holds yr wale on!:D

Last edited:

Wale owl beef hooked arr kid! :D

Back