Service/transport mode

Re: Service/transport mode

Not a Mod but as you need the key and fob to enter transport mode I cannot see a problem with it breaching security.

I can't see it being a problem, there are Youtube videos on the subject

HERE

And instructions from HD

HERE

Last edited:

Thanks guys; situation is, keyfob disarms as normal, then I follow the procedure to put into 'transport', get the required response but 30 seconds later the alarm resets, so to move or work on the bike I have to either keep disarming it or leave the ignition/lights on. All worked OK until I left the bike for 2 months on a trickle-charger; now it's a pain. Done the obvious of checking batteries.
Should have said, this is a 2004 model, single button fob.
Cheers,
Pete

Last edited:

Arse; just made a complete pratt of myself. Not only had the alarm gone to sleep in 2 months, so had my memory. I was using the sequence for my previous bike which was identical except for one extra step required. All working fine now; feel free to say whatever you think appropriate...
Cheers,
Pete
(My only excuse is that the handbook for this one is in Italian)

It's excellent that you're sorted and let us know. Some would have just disappeared :wink:

We've all done it :D

This is how a lot of my 'help me' topics go haha. 10mins later I'm back with 'I got it! I was being stupid!'

Glad you sorted it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

security starting

security starting

hey dudes, problem is I have brought a 2014 hd forty eight sportster from a online motorcycle auctions site, so I fund this one and got for a good price it was a repairable riteoff. So courier drops it off all good I ordered all necessary parts needed from what I thought. now it doesn't have a fob with it I now realise that I'm at the point of wanting it to run, so I rang the auction mob n politely told me to f**k myself its not there problem if I ha read the fine print it clearly states all stat/repairable rite offs are not sold with keys. long story short how do I override previous code and what do I need to purches to have a key as it hasn't no got an ignition on this bike at all so I'm a lil confussed thanks

Back