Show us your M8s

My FXLRS

FB_IMG_1675097221973.jpg

Had mine dyno tuned by dynojet in Preston, wouldn't take it elsewhere, I originally installed a s&s 475 cam but didn't like how it delivered the power , too high , switched to the 465 which I prefer as its more like stock but more , 120 lbs at 2000 revs makes it much fun , there's better cams available now as development as moved on for the m8 motors but I'm happy with it for now 😀 27k miles over 5 years , maybe I'll get a 135 kit one day, who knows

Had mine dyno tuned by dynojet in Preston, wouldn't take it elsewhere, I originally installed a s&s 475 cam but didn't like how it delivered the power , too high , switched to the 465 which I prefer as its more like stock but more , 120 lbs at 2000 revs makes it much fun , there's better cams available now as development as moved on for the m8 motors but I'm happy with it for now 😀 27k miles over 5 years , maybe I'll get a 135 kit one day, who knows
Dyno Tune at Garstang was my prefered tuner, I think the guy was Richard and he is a top man

2019 RG. One of only 184 produced in kinetic green, a metalflake ''premium'' paint.

Just turned over 60,000km (38,500 miles) on it this week. Bought it when i was commuting 100 miles round trip a day, and within a year Covid struck and I have not commuted since! Work from home all the time now. But I still try to use it plenty, loads of great sunny roads where I live. Stage 2'd pre delivery and had everything changed to suit me (bars, wheels, seat, screen, shocks etc, all supplied by me) before I did any miles on it. Nothing changed since. Service it myself. The only new vehicle I have ever bought, and will ever buy. My last Harley. The M8 is a great looking motor and goes brilliantly.

GREEN.jpg

Thanks. Vance and Hines 2-2 true duals (because I just do not like the look of any crossover sections of the 2-1-2 pipes most people have) and S&S Grand National 4in slip-ons.

pipes1.jpg

Apparently you do lose some low-end torque with 2-2 pipes, but I have had it tuned on a rolling road by an expert. It goes more than fast enough for me.

Catless headers and the Grand Nationals, with decibel-killing discs left in, really do deliver a fantastic low throb at idle and it barks on the highway.

True story: I rode it to a muscle car club meeting one night and three guys came out of the meeting room to see what classic American ''car'' I had turned up in that they had heard from inside....

Last edited:
Back