Electrical Side Stand Fault

C

Chief

So, slow speed when the bike is at running temp, usually at junctions when I'm in first gear or at/on roundabouts. Bike cuts out: message - sidE sTAnd appears on the dash. It's worth mentioning I haven't gone anywhere near the stand or the sensor.

Deploy side stand, recover, restart: ok it runs again... For a while and then repeats.

Dealer has replaced sensor.

Anyone else had issues? I hear of the positive battery cable potentially being involved?

2015 VRSCDX Night Rod Special 125 miles on the clock. Stage 1 (Vance and Hines) One puzzled and upset rider!

any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Re: Side Stand Fault

Had the same message but it was the sensor. If they have replaced that and it aint fixed it then you need to take it back and get them to fix it properly.

They've either got a bad batch of sensors or it's a wiring fault.
As above,take it back.

Check that the cables are good and tight on the battery, a search on 1130cc.com has shown this problem before
Steve

Check that the cables are good and tight on the battery, a search on 1130cc.com has shown this problem before
Steve
I had a twilight tinker and will check later. Booked in with dealer tomorrow... I did find a poorly routed Oxford trickle charger quick connection. Re-routed now, so that could be the culprit... I spoke to a chap who had the same issue on a new bike the other week. Has anyone else heard of this issue, not necessarily the cause or the solution???

Update: took the bike to the dealer Wednesday pm. Very kindly gave me a soft tail breakout loan bike... Nah...
phonecall today (Friday) saying they have diagnosed it and it's likely the neutral sensor that's gone... On order as a priority so hopefully it will fix the fault and I get me machine back asap!

Stay tuned for more exciting updates!

Well after 2 weeks at the dealer the part (neutral sensor) finally came in and has been replaced. Rode the bike home last night and touch wood, the problem seems to have been corrected.
so to summarise: dealer replaced both Side stand and Neutral Sensors. Problem sorted.

Last edited:
Back