Sidestand switch on a dyna streetbob2010

billytwobags

Club Member
Can anyone please explain how I byepass or take the sidestand switch off . A dyna streetbob 2010 model . Thanks

To be honest I can't even see were the switch is . I've got a clymer manual but it does not have the electric diagram in its on a dvd . So iam really stuck

Look where the Sidestand pivots. You should see a gizmo with a part that the Sidestand contacts when the stand is up.
Forget the Clymer manual, they are not very good. Get yourself a H-D Manual. Worth its weight in gold.
Or if you are Computer savvy, you can download the Manual for your Bike and burn it to Disc. Then you can print any relevant pages when you need to.

The switch is a proximity or maybe hall effect. The stand doesn't touch it. The stand has a tab on it that ought to give you a clue as to where the switch is. Just raise the stand slowly and see where it stops.

Now I don't know for your bike but on my 2017 Sportster it is a programmable item and I can disable it.

You might want to go to an indy somewhere that has the equivalent of the digital tech and see if it is programmable on your bike. I suspect it is as the switch isn't usually fitted for the domestic market (US).

Back