Sky Tv

Army

Club Member
So I'm ditching Sky TV after deciding one of the only reasons that I have it is due to the recording capability which I use mainly for documentaries and Match of the day. So going forward are there any folk out there that has a digital box that you can record your favourite programmes on but don't pay through the nose

We went down this route last year and bought a 'Manhattan' box that more or less does everything the Sky box did. The new generation 'Fire' stick seems to have a better processor for catch up though.
Terrestrial tv is now all digital so unless you are in a really crap signal area you don't need a dish.

Cheers Guys, I thought I pay nearly 70 quid for Sky plus the Internet and I don't have the sport or movies, I looked up Freeview and most stuff I watch on Sky are on Freeview. I will keep Netflix and Prime there are some good stuff on there

So I'm ditching Sky TV after deciding one of the only reasons that I have it is due to the recording capability which I use mainly for documentaries and Match of the day. So going forward are there any folk out there that has a digital box that you can record your favourite programmes on but don't pay through the nose
we were with sky years ago and ditched them for bt and eventually ditched by last year. only kept bt for so long as i like watching the rugby.
we've went with one of those 'firesticks'. it's one of the best things we've done and saved a fortune. get just about everything from anywhere, the only thing we can't do is record stuff but most stuff is on the catch up channels anyway like the i player/itvx etc.
we still have freeview but even that's all on the firestick.

we were with sky years ago and ditched them for bt and eventually ditched by last year. only kept bt for so long as i like watching the rugby.
we've went with one of those 'firesticks'. it's one of the best things we've done and saved a fortune. get just about everything from anywhere, the only thing we can't do is record stuff but most stuff is on the catch up channels anyway like the i player/itvx etc.
I bet you use catch up for the last time Sunderland was in the Premier league 🤣 couldn't resist Chrissie

Recently purchased an Amazon Fire Stick, great value and choice for a one off payment of just £35. 👍🏻

Back