slight miss at slow speed

T

tommyspirit

Hi,
I have owned my V-Rod for the last 5 years,It is a 03 aniversary model,it has now suddenly developed a slight engine miss when you hold the throttle at a steady speed,mostly 30-40 MPH.
I had a new ECU fitted last year when it was only firing on one cylinder by Harley.

I have changed the plugs,changed the air filter gasket,checked the conection to the engine breather pipes,to the air filter caseing ,Would anybody have any idea's please on what it could be.
The engine has not lost any power and the miss only occurs when you hold the throttle at a steady speed,as soon as you accelerate the bike pulls like normal.
ther is no back fireing

Re: slight miss at slow speed

do you ever get any warnings (engine check light, coolant temp)?

do you ever get any warnings (engine check light, coolant temp)?

Hi ,Thank you very much for your reply,

I dont show any codes or no warning lights showing,

Thank you

Paul

Do you mean the stutter at about 3200rpm?
They all do that sir due to Harleys attempt to meet the emissions regs.
The solution is to tune it out with a PCIII or similar.If you've already got one fitted check the connections.

Steve

Thanks for reply I do. Not thing it is the stutter @3200. revs.i. have had the v rod 6 years and until the last 2 months it was runing perfectly

Could be a sensor fault. Its in the closed loop range of the engine management system. It may not be faulty enough to throw up an error code.

Back