snapped belt

carldruid

Club Member
Out on the Ully today and snapped the belt:frown: less than 6000 miles on it.Its now out of warranty so will have to foot the bill myself. Any one recommend where to get a new one and how much? and is the spring loaded belt tensioner a good investment? Love riding the bike (its my commuter) but getting a pissed of at the unreliability of these things especially as its now out of warranty ant i'll have to payfor everything that now breaks on it.Had it from new 57 plate and under warranty has had front wheel bearings
rear wheel bearings
head bearings
belt tensioner bearings
rear pulley
front disc
rear disc
THREE mufflers
ignition and complete set of locks ('cos lights and horn were doing weird things)
its no wonder they stopped making them!
Problem is its a great bike to ride and puts a stupid grin on my face:439:
Any ideas folks?

Re: snapped belt

Out on the Ully today and snapped the belt:frown: less than 6000 miles on it.Its now out of warranty so will have to foot the bill myself. Any one recommend where to get a new one and how much? and is the spring loaded belt tensioner a good investment? Love riding the bike (its my commuter) but getting a pissed of at the unreliability of these things especially as its now out of warranty ant i'll have to payfor everything that now breaks on it.Had it from new 57 plate and under warranty has had front wheel bearings
rear wheel bearings
head bearings
belt tensioner bearings
rear pulley
front disc
rear disc
THREE mufflers
ignition and complete set of locks ('cos lights and horn were doing weird things)
its no wonder they stopped making them!
Problem is its a great bike to ride and puts a stupid grin on my face:439:
Any ideas folks?

Sell it before it all ends in tears Carl, plenty of bikes have the smile factor, CCM 500?

Yep been told that before Squiz but i do like to persevere maybe should have listened this time. Have to get something more reliable. Perhaps Hippy will sell me his Shovel:439:

Hey Carl you could try this guy from the ukbeg forum.

Emporium.

he can be a bit feckin grumpy but his prices are good and he will give you advice - knows buells inside out - but he does not do mail order anymore don't think he's to far from you up there in the lakes though. mines an M2 tuber so no belt tensioner but heard the xb tensioners are crap and need to be replaced by aftermarket freespirit tensioner. hope you get it sorted or you could always swop it for a tuber:169B9ADF431545348BC . Jersey's cheap too as Don said but last time i used them got nailed by customs.:mad:

Ta thanks for that Patrick. Got a free spirit tensioner on order now and waiting to hunt down a belt. My local indy is getting one for me as all the stealers i've wrung so far ain't got one and none are due in to the UK from America until Feb! Good job i've got me nighttrain or I'd be geting foot sore by then

Back