Some club outfits

Re: Some club outfits

Ridden bikes, driven cars, fork lift trucks buses & trams. Once was enough with a sidecar, it scared the life out of me when I lifted the sidecar wheel round a corner on a Triumph Thunderbird! Think that was when I started going gray

Got one here from our esteemed Three Wheel rep, he had difficulties loading it so I'm posting it for him. This was his 1981 FLT and chair, very smart!
FLT AND CHAIR.jpg

While I am at it, here is a home-mader from the New Forests own Dave "Malibu" Fields taken at Port Eliot in 1983. (bound to get oneself lumbered with the beer run, eh...)

PE 1983 -7.jpg

By the way, does the reverse steering heads of the FLT variants actually help with sidecar steering...?

Found another nice shot, this is New Forest's "Road King Alan" (background) at his wedding, don't often see side by side seating eh? (he took it up to Watsonian to have fittings made and professionally set up, think he also had a tow hitch fitted..?)
Alan's wedding.jpg

Here is one from the archives, no idea who it belonged to but it is rare to see Forty-fives postwar still in military trim, people were usually very quick to civilianise their machines. Often an attempt would be made to try to look like the Big Twins, a couple of people fitting Sunbeam S7 front ends as they looked similar to the HydraGlide forks - apparently the Sunbeam front brake was no improvement...
scan0008.jpg

Been scanning some photos lent by Geoff Bowering, the other side of that outfit I photographed in post three, a nicely co-ordinated dutch Forty-five outfit and another dutch outfit who visited Port Eliot in 1979.
scan0029.jpgscan0035.jpgscan0019.jpg

This is John Andrew's 29JD and left hand chair, I am glad it is left side as he used me to test his right side chair on his 24JD and that made for some alarming overtaking!

(14).jpg

(17).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

(Tom is like the AA patrolman, arriving and sorting out the problem very professionally!)

- by the way, it is a '29 not a '22.

Last edited:

Past Tool Hire Officer now froggie ex-pat Stuart Graham (on here as Rowdy) has sent me this one of his WL and chair next to the famous kids on bikes sign at PPort Eliot. I remember him going there from north-west Kent and saying what a queue of cars were stuck behind him!
img108.jpg

Here are some shots of Ernie Jacob's outfit, though no longer with us Ernie's son Steve is a member and has shared many of his dad's old photos with us. These are from a family holiday and the first included some fancy dress! (nice old car in background)
EJ fam hol 1959.jpgEJ 45 two (59).jpg

Not strictly a club outfit but could provide the entertainment on a rideout...............speeds about the same :glee:

30656583_2106352622715448_4740354206299324416_n.jpg

Found another interesting shot, from the Poker Run of 1990. Though you cannot see much of the chair (think it might have been another Monza?) the important thing is Will having brought a lift up trailer tent. This was because, as you can see, they had to bring their baby and this was the answer. Haven't seen Will for years, if anyone kept in touch do please let me know.
Oct90 PokerRun Will.jpg

My First Harley Outfit......So it has turned the pic on it's side.
So screen grabbed and put it the right way up which filled the whole screen and it said "Oops we ran into a problem" The message is too big.

Capturekk.JPGgg.JPG

Back