Sport glide seat

Bop

Will a sportglide 2020 seat fit on a sport glide 2023
Harley say no. They also say sport glide stopped being produced in 2021.
Can anyone advise on this. I’m looking to get a saddlemen explorer.

Parts catalogue

Looks like the FLSB Sport Glide seat is part number HD-52000357 for 2018 to 2023.

Part no. HD-52000357 - scroll down and click on the appropriate button to see the diagram and part numbers for each year.

Reactions: Bop
Will a sportglide 2020 seat fit on a sport glide 2023
Harley say no. They also say sport glide stopped being produced in 2021.
Can anyone advise on this. I’m looking to get a saddlemen explorer.

Answers -

Yes, a 2020 seat will fit a 2023, there are no differences in the frame and seat mountings between different model years.

The Sport Glide ceased to be available in America after 2021 but is still available in the United Kingdom, Europe and other markets. The Yanks are particularly good at not realising that there is a world that exists beyond the American market.

The Saddlemen Explorer on a Sport Glide is a very comfy seat, but it is physically a large seat and the appearance of it on a Sport Glide isn’t to everyone’s tastes. I had an Explorer RS on mine.

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

IMG_1823.jpeg

Reactions: Bop
Parts catalogue

Looks like the FLSB Sport Glide seat is part number HD-52000357 for 2018 to 2023.

Part no. HD-52000357 - scroll down and click on the appropriate button to see the diagram and part numbers for each year.

Thanks for that.
I’ve taken the seat off. The parts number is 52000270.
It’s the plastic clip at the front of the seat that’s confusing me. All the seats I’ve seen are metal and not as far up the seat.

Thanks for that.
I’ve taken the seat off. The parts number is 52000270.
It’s the plastic clip at the front of the seat that’s confusing me. All the seats I’ve seen are metal and not as far up the seat.

Sorry can’t remember what the underside of my stock seat looked like. As long as you buy a Saddlemen seat that is for a Sport Glide you should be ok when it comes to fit. I usually buy my Saddlemen seats from ARH custom, if they don’t have it in stock they can get it, and they’ll price match if you can find it cheaper elsewhere.

Back