ss250 1976

D

donalog45

can anyone help with me the proper grade engine oil and gear box oil for my newely acquired ss250.its been sitting for thirty years and i want to make sure i get it started and goin properly,also has anyone got any manuels or technical specs for a 1976 ss250
regards
dan:439:

Re: ss250 1976

can anyone help with me the proper grade engine oil and gear box oil for my newely acquired ss250.its been sitting for thirty years and i want to make sure i get it started and goin properly,also has anyone got any manuels or technical specs for a 1976 ss250
regards

Look again. It's a 2 stroke and does not have engine oil. Its premixed or has a separate 2 stroke oil tank and mixes itself.

You NEED a handbook and manual for this.

You'll need to be very careful starting a two stroke thats been standing for 30 years.........................if the main engine seals have dried out, they'll rip to shreds on fire up.

My advice, make sure that the two stroke pump is delivering oil before starting.
Fill the gas tank with clean gas, change the gearbox oil.

Remove the plug, pop a little two stroke oil down the bore and turn the engine over slowly until you are sure that everything is in order before you try and start it.

Urrell's right......get a manual before you do something you will regret.

Danny, did a bit of searching and found this; hope it helps.

AERMACCHI

Also check out the USA e-bay site, often get parts coming up on there.

Good luck.

cheers for the site i have just found out by the vin thats its an SST250,the disc brake on the front should have told me but hey when youve been riding japenese all your days and this is my first and hopefully not my last venture into the H-D family theres a lot to learn.
regards

Re: SST 250 1976

Re: SST 250 1976

Cheers just what i was looking for:439:

Back