Stage 1 for 06 Street Bob Twin Cam

JohnT

Hi
Just love the new Street Bob and would like to find out if there is an economic way of helping the engine breathe a little better, since I'm told it's likely to be very restricted straight from the factory. Not very keen on spending hundreds more at this point if I can avoid it!

It does run very quietly, perhaps too quiet. I'd like a 'little' more Harley sound and wondered about having the standard silencers spiked, since I know that some riders are having trouble with 'rozzers' pulling Harley riders for having screaming eagle of other non standards.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
JohnT

Re: Stage 1 for 06 Street Bob Twin Cam

Sadly you are probably going to have to spend some money. The mufflers on the 06`s are in fact catalytic converters. Cannot spike them like the `old days`.
The `louder` silencers are the same as the previous years so ebay may work.
Your choice of air cleaner, just needs to flow a little better.
The cheapest way to fix the injection is a download cartridge, which is now available for the 06 Dyna with aftermarket mufflers.

have heard that stealers are fitting vance & hines pipes now with stage 1`s so ask stealers
advantage is there with removable baffles so can take em out after M.O.T but you being law abiding citizan would not dream of such things :D :D of course not i hear you say :rolleyes: :cool:

devil-uk said:
that stealers are fitting
All due respect and just an observation, I would doubt Phill or anyone else working in dealers might resent being called or roped into the meaning of that generic term.
They're not all thieving scumbags, nearly, but not all.

Just me thinking aloud, taxi........................:eek:

harleyhog said:
All due respect and just an observation, I would doubt Phill or anyone else working in dealers might resent being called or roped into the meaning of that generic term.
They're not all thieving scumbags, nearly, but not all.

Just me thinking aloud, taxi........................:eek:
Well Mmmmm! Seriously, I work at a very large Dealership here, where it is a totally different story.
Our customers have a zillion choices of where to take their bikes for any kind of work. Within one hours ride of my work there are six other authorised dealerships alone, could`nt guess how many indies.
So needless to say we have to provide excellent customer service, be reasonably priced & above all be credible.
As many of you know HarleyDerek is here in the barrel working for me, he has had our jaws dropping talking about the dealers over there.
He will be able to tell you all about dealerships here, as he will be home taking care of some paperwork next week.
I don`t take offence, I feel bad that you are all being poorly served.

The wife is waiting fer her Street Bob to come in, in June. She wants a set of these exhausts for it. I think they are Paul Yaffe. Can anyone confirm this..??

Assorted20Pictures20002.jpg

burnin4ride_helmetbolt_mh-vi.gif

Those are nice, we`ve had some in, sound good too. I`ll find out at work tommorrow who makes them.

Yep they are Paul Yaffe Supertrapps.
Originally only for Evos, but now good for most models.
Sweet pic....nice ride - would possibly go for one on PX with my FXD.......:cool:

Then there's the wife........:eek:

Back