starter jackshaft bolt.

chrissy

Club Member
coming home from the north east rally last week the bike started making a death rattle.
managed to get home as i don't live too far away.
had a look the other day and the starter jackshaft bolt has snapped, so it was hitting the ring gear a bit. the threads had totally disappeared from the bolt although they look fine on the starter motor.
it runs a primo open 3" primary drive. thought i'd find one no bother but it appears that with running the belt drive, the bolt is shorter than stock, 3 1/2 inch instead of 5 1/4.
i've looked all over online and can't find anything apart from rivera primo themselves in america. anyone know any primo dealers in the uk? last resort would be to get a bolt made if anyone knows who does that sort of thing? also the thread is 10-32 apparently so wondered it there's an equivalent size or as near as would be ok?

just asking as my head is fried looking online and wondered if there is something i'm missing.

Seen em listed in one of the catalogues cant remember which one ar harley might be a good bet is it a shouldered bolt ?
Maybe a decent bolt supplier may get you out of trouble 🤔

Seen em listed in one of the catalogues cant remember which one ar harley might be a good bet is it a shouldered bolt ?
Maybe a decent bolt supplier may get you out of trouble 🤔
yes, it is a shouldered bolt. i'll give ar harley a ring to see if they can help, if not just found that matts machine shop is a primo dealer so they'll be the next port of call.
just as an aside, i thought primo ceased trading but it appears not.

Matts would probably be a better bet for the dealers its a bit “out there” for them and wont be in their parts book 🤷🏻‍♂️

Primo list em in the states see pic on their site should only be pennies in post bag
IMG_5155.png

Back