Tablets

Battersea

Club Member
Really pissed off, bought a Linx 10 Tablet early Jan 2015 and the battery has gone south - less than 2 years old ffs. Learnt today that its 'wired-in' and replacements unavailable.

Jeez, I just hate 'built in obsolescence' products. :mad:

Re: Tablets

Hi Colin. I've had the same on - is it Chinese? - tablets. They tend to fit cheap batteries. The upside is that no tablet or many phones are actually totally sealed. I've done many Samsungs and quite a few tablets. The screens and things tend to be glued in but it's nothing that a hair dryer can't sort out to soften it and then pull apart., and the batteries are all ribbon cabled - all be it microscopically.

If you feel that you are going to throw it away then have a go - what is there to lose - http://tabletzap.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/how-to-replace-linx-7-8-tablet-battery.html

Hi Colin. I've had the same on - is it Chinese? - tablets. They tend to fit cheap batteries. The upside is that no tablet or many phones are actually totally sealed. I've done many Samsungs and quite a few tablets. The screens and things tend to be glued in but it's nothing that a hair dryer can't sort out to soften it and then pull apart., and the batteries are all ribbon cabled - all be it microscopically.

If you feel that you are going to throw it away then have a go - what is there to lose - http://tabletzap.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/how-to-replace-linx-7-8-tablet-battery.html

Might have a go at that - now where is my 2lb club hammer. :tongue: Actually you're right, what is there to loose? Thanks for the link I'll have a go - not much else to do over Christmas. :encouragement:

And if they don't get you with cheap batteries, they fcuk you over with the software - mine ran XP for a few years without any bother but "they" stopped supporting it so eventually it was "at risk"!I still use it, for when I'm away on the bike - due to it's size, I can get away with it and use it as a "memory" to download video footage onto when my camera is full.

And if they don't get you with cheap batteries, they fcuk you over with the software - mine ran XP for a few years without any bother but "they" stopped supporting it so eventually it was "at risk"!I still use it, for when I'm away on the bike - due to it's size, I can get away with it and use it as a "memory" to download video footage onto when my camera is full.

If it ran XP, can you not get the free upgrade to windows 10? From then on it's always supported and has free updates.

It wasn't suitable to upgrade to the Windows 8 that was on sale at the time Tom, so it left me with buying new with a free Windows 10 upgrade when it came out - and that's where my problems started! The tablet is ideal for carrying around on the bike and it owes me nothing now, so even if it did get damaged or lost, I wouldn't be too worried.

Back