Technical Service Bulletin M1615 Uprated Charging System Kits (ALL 2021-2023 Model Year Rev Max Equipped bikes)

Mark Hammond

Committee
Technical Service Bulletin M1615 Uprated Charging System Kits

Hi all, here are the various screen shots that have appeared on various Facebook groups of the new service bulletin M1615 and saved them as a jpeg. Its not perfect but its probably enough info to start a conversation with your dealer.

I have a feeling that UK dealers won’t simply fit these new upgrade kits if a customer requests the upgrade and the bike will need to be exhibiting poor charging behaviour before a warranty claim will be submitted and one of these new upgrade kits is ordered and fitted.

I also note there is an instruction to dealers to use up all stocks of existing charging system components before ordering and installing the new upgrade kit, so I suspect unless the charging system on a bike is playing up, this is probably a case of waiting until all existing stocks have been used up, and waiting until the bike is not charging properly.

The complete kit needs to be fitted as there is now individual component incompatibility between the charging system on 2021-2023 bikes and 2024 model year bikes, so that’s something to be aware of if a 2021-2023 bike has a problem and the dealer insists on only replacing individual components. (Details on attached image)

IMG_6828.jpeg

IMG_6829.jpeg

IMG_6830.jpeg

IMG_6831.jpeg

Last edited:
Back