That Harley "Thunder"

M

MjJack

Hey guys, as a newbie forgive me if i sound inexperienced, that's cause i am.

I recently bought a stock 06 Fatboy, which i love, and i am slowly customising, nothing drastic yet, only small items, have to keep the Mrs in the lifestyle she's become accustomed to.. :D

Anyway, one thing i have noticed, is that my bike, lacks the "THUNDER" that i was hoping for. Unfortunately my local dealer is Birmingham HD. When i asked about pipes, figures of around a grand were quoted, (pipes, and tuning) :(

Now, as my bike is new, i have the 2 year warranty, and being a newbie with little experience with an actual HD, my options seem limited. Any work i undertake has to be approved. so at this point i don't quiet no where to turn.
Can any one offer me solution to bring on the "Thunder" and get my exaust pipes booming

Any opinions greatly received

Re: That Harley "Thunder"

get pipes, filter and a remap for about ?600 from an indie. im doing the same on my new softail too, and from what i understand as long as the parts used are equivalent or better than HD parts, and put on by a proper fitter then the warranty should be valid.
dan

ferk m8 hang on till yer warranty runs out hit ebay like a man possesed and by the ferkers u want for about 80 bucks:eek: 45 quid in oor money;)

I had Vance & Hines Staggered Big Shots fitted to my Wide Glide for ?500 at St Leger Harley in Doncaster. It's loud as f*ck! :D

I had Vance & Hines Staggered Big Shots fitted to my Wide Glide for ?500 at St Leger Harley in Doncaster. It's loud as f*ck!

Was that supply, fit and map? :confused:

Supply and fit only it's a carb 2001 TC88, they (supposedly) did any tweaking to the carb that was needed.

i just fitted V&H shortshot staggered hs, fuel pak and SE filter kit. i got it from silverstone HD for ?577 all in, and i fitted it in 2 hours. the result is great!!! sounds like a real harley!
dan

Back