The good old days

M

Mawnanian

I've just rejoined the club after an absence of 15 years. At that time I used to live in Kent and sometimes rode with the coasters, although I now live in Cornwall.
I wondered if there is anyone around from the early ninety's, I have some photos taken at the Super Rally, Italy in 1993 which may jog some memories but the system is telling me that they are too big to attach. Any ideas?
Old age has fogged my own memory but reading a rally report I did for Harleyquin at the time those involved were.
Ray and Selma, Martin (then Harleyquin ed), Bob and Lesley, Ralph and Nikki, and Danny.

Ian

Re: The good old days

Ian, PM SimonA and chat with him. The Coasters had a few lean years in the days 15+ years ago and he, along with Pete (Littleteach) and Brian (?????) brought it back to life. Although I cannot recall exactly when I joined it was somewhere around 15 years ago. Simon will probably know those names you quoted - if not then at least you will be welcome to join in with the chat on here and of course all the other Regions forums.

Try downloading your photos to somewhere like Photbucket and use their facility to make your picture file smaller.

I knew you would help Baza me ole mucker - they were nice piccies you took on your run out the other day by the way. Pity there was that old RK in the way each time :wink: Who does it belong to :169B9ADF431545348BC

I've just rejoined the club after an absence of 15 years. At that time I used to live in Kent and sometimes rode with the coasters, although I now live in Cornwall.
I wondered if there is anyone around from the early ninety's, I have some photos taken at the Super Rally, Italy in 1993 which may jog some memories but the system is telling me that they are too big to attach. Any ideas?
Old age has fogged my own memory but reading a rally report I did for Harleyquin at the time those involved were.
Ray and Selma, Martin (then Harleyquin ed), Bob and Lesley, Ralph and Nikki, and Danny.

Ian
Hi Ian & welcome back
I knew Ray & Selma, from Peacehaven They were running the Coasters from the Snow-drop at Lewes when I appeared. The region was more or less de-funct. The meetings were meant to be on a Saturday, but no-one was ever there, so I took the task of resurection along with Pete & Brian Wood, about 93. The rest is history as the saying goes.
I've no real memory of the other names, but I'am sure we might have meet at the then 'Eds Diner' in the Brighton Lanes.
Paul Parslow would most likely know....he's also now a Coaster.

Here are some pics from the 1993 Super Rally, thanks Baza. Sorry about the crude reproduction but I haven't got a scanner. I had to reduce them but I can email the full size ones if you want to make out faces in the lineup.
I'm the one with the beer.
Simon, I remember Ed's Diner, and when Chris Ewbank used to turn up posing on his Harley dressed in jodhpurs and brown leather riding boots. It's long gone now I suppose.

View attachment 9393

View attachment 9394

View attachment 9395

View attachment 9396

What have I been up to?
In 1994 while on holiday in France my wife was knocked off her sportster by a myopic lorry driver. She suffered a serious leg injury and it put her off biking for good. I found riding by myself just wasn't the same and I gave up touring and sold the lowrider. I was working as a dispatch rider at the time so I got my bike fix in work time.
In '96 we moved to Cornwall, not much need for DR's there but I ran a series of Jap stuff day to day with my wife using the car. I tried going without in 2006 but I can't leave it alone and my domestic situation has changed so in roughly four weeks I should be taking delivery of a brand new Electraglide.
Can't believe I've spent that much on a bike.

Perhaps you can shed some light on this photo Ian. A friend found it in a book somewhere.

sussex20coasters.jpg

That's an old one BNM. It looks like Brighton sea front, we sometimes used to line the bikes up along the wall for a bit of a pose when it wasn't too busy.
Palace pier is just to the left and West pier is just on the right of the picture.
Looks like it's all shovels and iron head sportys which probably dates it to the 1980's. Afraid I can't put names to anyone except Ray and Selma who are on the far right, perhaps Simon a can shed more light?

Ian

Hi Ian, Welcome back to 'virtual' Coasterland.

Thanks for posting the old photo's; I've nicked them to go in the file of Coaster stuff I've got saved.

Hope to meet up at an event sometime.

Regards. Phil

Phillspace, I've got one or two more if you would like me to email them. I can also email the full size versions of the others.

cheers

That's an old one BNM. It looks like Brighton sea front, we sometimes used to line the bikes up along the wall for a bit of a pose when it wasn't too busy.
Palace pier is just to the left and West pier is just on the right of the picture.
Looks like it's all shovels and iron head sportys which probably dates it to the 1980's. Afraid I can't put names to anyone except Ray and Selma who are on the far right, perhaps Simon a can shed more light?

Ian
You were better than me Ian....I didn't get Ray & Selma :eek:
I started on HD's in 89 and the Riders club in the early 90's not very active until 93 ish, allthough I recognise some faces on your photos I would be hard pressed with any names. Ammond (I don't think the spelling is right) is still about. you would remember him I expect as he had the twin choke webber sticking out his bike gathering flys and frost:D
Although you wouldn't know him, Batteresea would be someone to hook up with down you way.....an expat coaster:wink: or should that read dissplaced:eek:

Back